The good, the bad, and the ugly V. The Iggles

Totty

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think it's moreso the absence of Gruden.

i think it was olson or bisaccia just this week that said they are sad they cant run 3 TE sets right now lol

early in the game thread i also mentioned that in a grim way, an ingold injury could benefit the team because theyd have to run more 11 or 12 personnel. few things bothered me more about gruden than the predictable 22 or 23 personnel groups in short yardage. i just think of the success the chiefs have had in short yardage putting mahomes in the gun and throwing those quick flats to hill. polar opposite approach. would be good to mix and match a lot more

Edited by Derptacular

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

these threads getting a lot shorter now that were winning, we lose its 30 pages of bitching lol 

I have definitely noticed that lol. One thing I noticed is that when we lose I noticed people are still talking about the previous game thread all the way up until the day that the next game is played.

14 minutes ago, Derptacular said:

Olson using a lot more screens and play-action has been helping the OL quite a bit

Yes but it goes both ways. If you can't run normally then play action doesn't really work because the defense doesn't respect the run. Play action also can struggle to work well when you're not good at pass blocking because it takes more time to develop. 

The Oline has actually gotten much better at actual run blocking and actual pass blocking. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yes but it goes both ways. If you can't run normally then play action doesn't really work because the defense doesn't respect the run. Play action also can struggle to work well when you're not good at pass blocking because it takes more time to develop. 

The Oline has actually gotten much better at actual run blocking and actual pass blocking. 

Just spitballing here, but I wonder if Cable is feeling the heat now that Gruden is out of the picture? Like maybe he had an oh-sh!t-I-might-be-next-if-I-don’t-start-coaching-these-guys-up moment? I know correlation doesn’t always imply causation and the improved playcalling has no doubt helped, but the O-line has been noticeably better since Gruden disappeared.

• Like 1