The good, the bad, and the ugly V. The Iggles

Totty

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Really like how Leatherwood has settled in at OG. He handled his own against a monster of a DT in Cox. He got his weekly holding call in but he's been way better at OG. You actually see some growth and improvement. 

He went almost 3 qtrs before it happen though. I was impressed. Wonder how it will look if ritche and Fluker replace Simpson and Parker. 

James also probably had his best game as a starter today. 

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Still dont really know how good we are, but the past two weeks we've looked how a good team is supposed to look against two bad teams.

It's pretty clear Gruden was holding this team back.  He's not a good head coach.

I agree that it's still up in the air on how good we are but I will say we're winning games a playoff team is supposed to minus the Bears game.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's pretty clear Gruden was holding this team back.  He's not a good head coach.

I agree that it's still up in the air on how good we are but I will say we're winning games a playoff team is supposed to minus the Bears game.  

We could/should easily be 6-1 right now

Almost like I said. Let Carr cook and he can play as good as anyone. Yes he's not a scrambler. But he's a lot like Drew Brees to me. Touch passer with some fantastic accuracy. Maybe not quite as good, but he will shred you if you give him time. The scary part is, this was without Waller. Give these guys another offseason and they'll look even better.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I trust Mayock. For his struggles in the 1st, he's built a good team in my opinion.

Absolutely agreed. It's frustrating to see how much Gruden really may have been holding us back. The draft has always been the toughest thing to stomach. Should've just let Mayock do his thing the entire time

• Like 2

Great:

- Derek Carr. Credit where credit is due. Man balled outside of that INT. Truly great game. If he plays like that every game, we’ll be in pretty good shape. Heck, I think he played better without Waller. Sometimes gets a little too comfy/forceful with Darren. 

- Yannick. Man is a beast. We need to lock him up long term asap. 

- Entire defense really. Great job. 

- Gus Bradley

- Rich. He has these guys playing hard for him. Also, his clock management and knowing when to be aggressive or conservative has been muchhhh better than Gruden. 

Good:

- Drake looked solid both running and receiving. 

- Penalties not too bad today.

Bad:

- OL still sucks. Bit better at run blocking today though. 

- Jacobs is made of paper. And even when he is on the field, not even sure he’s better than Drake anyways. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

-carr besides the int was dam near perfect

-josh thanks for the brief contribution 🤷🏾‍♂️
- foster did admirable filling in for waller

-leatherwood vs Cox wow score 1 for the rook

-defense after the 7 it was lights out through 3qtrs

gotta win all the games you’re supposed to and half the ones you aren’t this was a supposed to win and we handled biz 

• Like 2