Week 8: Cowboys (5-1) at VIKINGS (3-3)

swede700

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

If you want to see a team quit completely, then by all means, trade Cook. What we need is a head coach who happens to realize that we actually have wide receivers that are capable of carrying the team too.

There’s no point in having a superstar running back. Waste of cap space.

There is ZERO reason to trade players.

This isn’t a lack of talent issue. This is a philosophical/game management issue. 

I’d bet good money that a more aggressive minded coaching staff would have this same group of players winning a lot more games. 

Edited by SemperFeist

I've always like and tried to be supportive of Zim. He has his faults but felt he was a good coach. However, it's time for him to go after the season. His defense gives up more winning drives than his offense has game winning drives. Week 1 they weren't prepared and now off a bye they still not prepared. Clock management is still horrible. He basically gave the Cowboys an extra 5 yards with the double timeout penalty. This team with Zim will never be bad or SB winner. They will be a middle of the pack team with no chance to be great.    

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

There is ZERO reason to trade players.

This isn’t a lack of talent issue. This is a philosophical/team management issue. 

I’d bet good money that a more aggressive minded coaching staff would have this same group of players winning a lot more games. 

I think it’s going to take a full rebuild. This teams is getting old and certain players have been around for too long and need to go. I guarantee you if Dalvin doesn’t get the carries or isn’t the focal point of the offense that’s going to cause all kinds of problems with a new regime.

Just now, KeithVikings28 said:

I think it’s going to take a full rebuild. This teams is getting old and certain players have been around for too long and need to go. I guarantee you if Dalvin doesn’t get the carries or isn’t the focal point of the offense that’s going to cause all kinds of problems with a new regime.

This is the youngest offense in the league. 

Dalvin Cook. Adam Thielen. Justin Jefferson. 

These three players are on your team and you did nothing in your game plan to lean on them. Nothing to let them take over the game. Instead, you called passes designed for CJ Ham and Tyler Conklin. 

Inexcusable. Egregious. And a fireable offense. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Another game where the defense has a great game for 55+ minutes, yet completely falls apart on the final drive. 

If The Vikings had adjusted to what The Cowboys were doing, and not run into a stacked line, and attacked The Cowboys' secondary, instead of throwing nothing but checkdowns in The 2nd Half, they'd have been far enough ahead that Dallas would have been behind by 10 to 20 points, and their last drive wouldn't have mattered.

14 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

The issue is with the coaching staff. I'm not good with trading Cook, but I'm 100% for going forward with Mond.

Playing Mond now, with Zimmer as coach, and Klint Kubiak calling the plays would HURT his development (and maybe his body, too).  They'd need a new coaching staff that believes in attacking down the field on offence, and knows how to develop young QBs.

• Like 1