Week 8 GDT Eagles @ Lions: Srianni's knee caps are in danger.

BugzBunny101

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:
5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We could probably lose out after this and Howie would still be here. I'll believe he's gone when I see it lol.

You are most probably right but if Joe Banner was fired there's gotta be a breaking point and the way this season has been shaping up before this game really looked that we might have been headed into that direction.

I feel you. I was actually gonna ask before the game started that if we lost this game is Sirianni and more importantly Roseman's seats would be getting nice and toasty. 

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You are most probably right but if Joe Banner was fired there's gotta be a breaking point and the way this season has been shaping up before this game really looked that we might have been headed into that direction.

Anything short of a scandal,  Howie is never getting fired before the 2024 season.

He was, is and will continue to be Luries lap dog account.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:
3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Expand  

I thought it was super stupid how the city went after Siranni for that flower analogy.

Like: We are so macho, how dare he compare the team to something not bad ***?

Word... but I mean this is what happens when the team is losing.

If we were winning nobody would've been focused on that quote or making fun of it like happened this week.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Word... but I mean this is what happens when the team is losing.

If we were winning nobody would've been focused on that quote or making fun of it like happened this week.

With how bad the city/fanbase has looked since last year. It's definitely not a good look. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

With how bad the city/fanbase has looked since last year. It's definitely not a good look. 

There will always be negadelphians (something I accepted pretty early into my fandom days). 

It's not like most of the fans gripes/booing wasn't warranted the past years.

37 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel great about it. Our play caller on both sides of the ball have made the adjustments we've been asking and the players are playing hard. Hurts passed well the few times we have thrown it today. Not sure what more you can ask out of this game. It's been about as close to a perfect result as you could ask for.

I feel the same way. Don't know how you couldn't feel good about this. The Lions have shown the ability to be competitive against elite NFL teams. They could've beat us today. Negative ppl gonna be negative though 🙄. Great win.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because Sirianni (like Doug) couldn't in his mind show his "Genius" as a OC calling run plays. He too thought reinventing the wheel was the fastest way to show the fans, See I was the right hire.

Like others have said I think the pass heavy stuff comes from the front office/ownership rather than the coach. 

54 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It took Doug awhile to figure that wasnt the right approach too. Balanced attacks keep Defenses on their toes. Allows you to open up the entire playbook. Not throwing it 90% of the time.

Completely agree.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel the same way. Don't know how you couldn't feel good about this. The Lions have shown the ability to be competitive against elite NFL teams. They could've beat us today. Negative ppl gonna be negative though 🙄. Great win.

Word. Like don't get me wrong I'm not gonna be pounding my chest about beating Detroit, but it was nice to see the things we've been asking for and have a relaxing/enjoyable game day. High picks are nice, but I'd rather play the right way and build something towards next year. We can always root for Indy and Miami to lose to get a better pick.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Like others have said I think the pass heavy stuff comes from the front office/ownership rather than the coach. 

Completely agree.

This team is and has always been at its best when there's power running. This forum has asked for it since its foundation and it has been proved to be effective one more time.