Post Game Thoughts. Cowboys.

cconocool

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not even a fan of selling off vets. This team has a ton of talent. It is just not being utilized correctly. 

New vision, new leadership, a new philosophy is what’s needed. 

Agreed.  You keep the talent you have and potentially have someone else come in who can better utilize it.  

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Zimmer is done. He’s lost the locker room. 

Up until now I've thought it was premature or naive to want Zimmer out, but if you have a QB that is a 10 year vet, paid $30M+, and is supposed to be the leader of your franchise, but they don't have the authority to call a timeout, that is a complete failure of culture and leadership. And then for Kirk (and Thielen) to speak out publicly just shows the leaders on the team aren't on the same page with the coach.

I think Zimmer is a good coach, but things have clearly gone off the rails and it is probably time for new ideas.

• Like 2

Does anyone even care anymore? I mean it’s always the same. Every year of my life it’s the same result. What’s the definition of insanity? Oh yeah doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Sorry guys this team just absolutely makes me sick. That last 5 minutes of the game was a microcosm of our franchise history. 

17 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Two things that Zuni Wilf hopefully realized during this game;

1.) Mike Zimmer can no longer remain the head coach. 

2.) Kellen Moore is the guy he needs to hire to replace Mike Zimmer.

Completely disagree.  The defense played fine, but they were gassed by the end of the game because the offense can’t stay on the field for more than 3 plays per drive.  Our defense was containing Dallas until Danielle Hunter got hurt.  They have a top OL in the league and they had all the time in the world to throw once Hunter was out.  You can’t ask DBs to cover for that along against elite WRs especially when they don’t get to come off the field for a break.  If Kubiak can’t show that he can make in game adjustments to his play calling to then he needs to go.  Kellen Moore is nothing special.

20 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Does anyone even care anymore? I mean it’s always the same. Every year of my life it’s the same result. What’s the definition of insanity? Oh yeah doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Sorry guys this team just absolutely makes me sick. That last 5 minutes of the game was a microcosm of our franchise history. 

It's unfortunate that even Zimmer has succumbed to the Vikings' curse of losing to a no-name QBs, with Cooper Rush joining the likes of Chad Hutchinson, Jim Miller, Eric Hipple, and Brian Hoyer. 

Edited by swede700

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Game plan could be great, doesn’t matter when you’re CBs are bad.

That’s not even what the problem was.  The defensive gameplan was great, but things started to fall apart once Hunter got hurt.  The Cowboys have an elite OL and we couldn’t get any pass rush going once Hunter left.  It doesn’t matter who the CBs were because nobody can lockdown two elite WRs when the QB has that much time to throw.  It literally didn’t matter who the QB was because anyone with a pulse could’ve gotten the a wide open WR with that much time in the pocket.  The biggest killer for our defense was our own offense.  You could tell that our defenders were completely exhausted and demoralized because they never got a chance to come off the field and rest.  Klint Kubiak clearly struggles to make in game adjustments to his gameplan and that is what’s been killing us the past few weeks.  You can’t win a game when you consistently go 3 and out in the second half.  If we would’ve had Pat Shurmur, Kevin Stefanski, or Gary Kubiak as our OC this season then we would’ve easily been 6-1 right now, but Klint Kubiak is just consistently getting out coached right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I just hope like heck we get a young-ish, offensive minded head coach who can bring this team in the 21st century. 

Moore, Leftwich, Brady, Daboll, etc.

Leftwich?  Really?  Lmao he’s not a good OC.  He is to Tom Brady what Adam Gase was to Peyton Manning.  None of the guys you listed would be an upgrade from Mike Zimmer.

31 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Leftwich?  Really?  Lmao he’s not a good OC.  He is to Tom Brady what Adam Gase was to Peyton Manning.  None of the guys you listed would be an upgrade from Mike Zimmer.

Would I say that Leftwich is going to be a better NFL HC than Zimmer in his first year or two? No, probably not. However, he has potential to grow, while Zimmer is clearly declining.

Also, sometimes a team just needs a new voice, and a new direction. It is starting to feel like players are not responding to Zimmer anymore. So even if someone like Leftwich isn't as tactically gifted or as good at teaching technique, they can be a better fit and if the players respond better to his style and leadership, it is an upgrade.

Well, I needed 24 hours to decompress after that one.   Had I made comment last night, I'd have been banned for using my brother's cattle herding language😆

That said, Zimmer did not coach well.  Cousins didn't play poorly, but he didn't rock it.   Dalvin didn't take over . . . The O-Line failed the 2nd half.  

Losing Hunter the rest of the season hurts bad, but, thats also why they drafted clones.   They need to play . . . End of the deal.   The defense can still get the job done, but the fearsome force will likely be subdued.  

Zimmer's hand jitters could be nothing, or it could be a big issue.   I'm torn right now as I've been a staunch Zimm supporter, but 1 for 30,657 on 3rd down last night was horrific.  Stopping their run game was impressive, but allowing Rush to go off???

I was hoping they go 3-1 this stretch to get on a roll.   I hope this doesn't turn into excuse-ville due to Hunter's injury.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Can you really judge Leftwich based on his QBs before, Josh Rosen, Sam Bradford, Drew Stanton, Blaine Gabbert and Jameis Winston?  While he may not be the best OC ever, you can't really compare him to Adam Gase, as that isn't fair to him.  Gase is a jackass, which is why he got along so well with Jay Cutler.  Leftwich ain't that and plus, he was a quality backup QB for many years in the NFL.  Adam Gase was more like Todd Haley than Leftwich is like Gase.  

On 11/1/2021 at 12:09 AM, SemperFeist said:

This sums up my thoughts on the Vikings’ coaching staff, and there ability to game plan; 

The Cowboys created a game plan to get the ball to their best weapons, Lamb and Cooper. The Vikings didn’t create a game plan to get Thielen and Jefferson the ball. 

Heading into the game the Cowboys’ defense ranked 28th in passing yards allowed, and 22nd in passing TDs allowed. The Vikings coaches decided that attacking that passing defense wasn’t in the team’s best interest. Despite watching an aggressive passing attack march right down the field for a touchdown on the opening drive. They coached scared.

Cowboys played to win. 

Vikings played to not lose.

I was hesitant to say anything in this forum until now, but now that CeeDee has confirmed it - what is yalls response to Harrison Smith choking him on the sideline? Thats straight felony assault, though obviously nothing will happen from a legal perspective. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

8EfY5Yi8-YKl4vQ6JG86TIIjO1zc2TYICoGWeFfx