Post Game Thoughts. Cowboys.

cconocool

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

These guys let all this slide, but watch the clip. Its a choke. And if you think I am exaggerating, go to reddit. There are a bunch of *VIKINGS* fans calling for him to be kicked off the team.

How much does that have to do with him also not being vaccinated? 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Klint made it all possible for Micah Parsons.

We ran, what? 5 or 6 FB screen plays? Teams know we want to run screens, have adjusted to it and can stop it.

the Vikings continue to run screens. We will continue to do it against Baltimore too, and they'll stop it.

The Dallas front four is making Micah Parsons' year.   Cousins threw the ball downfield enough, but incompletions doomed effectiveness.    All to often Gregory and Basham affected the time Cousins had in the pocket . . . He dumped it short and Parsons cleaned up.   Running plays?   He shot gaps, slipped blocks, levitated . . . Whatever was needed to make the play, he did it.    Why do you think the Vikes were 1 of 13 on 3rd down?    Parsons made plays . . . 

• Like 1

Here is a post game thought, Ameer Abdullah is on the Carolina Panthers now and had 31 yards rushing on 8 carries and caught 3 passes for 35 yards.  So almost has his season total in rushing and pass catching broke in one game compared on Carolina to what he did in five games for Minnesota.  Will be curious if he can keep it up but clearly the Vikings were not using this versatile pass catching back correctly.

Good for Ameer.

13 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

The Dallas front four is making Micah Parsons' year.   Cousins threw the ball downfield enough, but incompletions doomed effectiveness.    All to often Gregory and Basham affected the time Cousins had in the pocket . . . He dumped it short and Parsons cleaned up.   Running plays?   He shot gaps, slipped blocks, levitated . . . Whatever was needed to make the play, he did it.    Why do you think the Vikes were 1 of 13 on 3rd down?    Parsons made plays . . . 

He is easily the defensive rookie of the year, and should be up for being a Pro bowler as well, amazing season by him and could argue he is the best player on that defense easy.  

26 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

For those of you who like X's and O's, one of the film channels I follow did a dive into how the Vikings were far too conservative offensively against the Cowboys. Title of the video is a little click baity.

How many screen passes went to Ham and Cook that didn’t go anywhere. First drives always look great and they play aggressive and then they play not to loose for 3 quarters. Kubiak and Zimmer are both detriments to the offense. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

How many screen passes went to Ham and Cook that didn’t go anywhere. First drives always look great and they play aggressive and then they play not to loose for 3 quarters. Kubiak and Zimmer are both detriments to the offense. 

Zimmer very clearly is holding the offense back. The fact the scripted plays work so well make me hesitant to pull the plug on Clint. I think having no one senior he can rely on as a mentor really hurts his ability to adjust his gameplan. Stefanski had Gary Kubiak, but Clint, who is a first time play caller, only gets told to "Run the" freaking "ball" by Zimmer.

36 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Zimmer very clearly is holding the offense back. The fact the scripted plays work so well make me hesitant to pull the plug on Clint. I think having no one senior he can rely on as a mentor really hurts his ability to adjust his gameplan. Stefanski had Gary Kubiak, but Clint, who is a first time play caller, only gets told to "Run the" freaking "ball" by Zimmer.

If Zimmer’s gone, Kubiak is as well. I’d assume. Why can’t the offense adjust after the first drive. There’s no way he doesn’t have game day input as an OC. He’s the play caller after all.

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If Zimmer’s gone, Kubiak is as well. I’d assume. Why can’t the offense adjust after the first drive. There’s no way he doesn’t have game day input as an OC. He’s the play caller after all.

Because this is Clint's first time calling plays in his career. Much like a rookie usually makes a huge jump their 2nd season I think Clint may turn things around and become a great play caller. I acknowledge him stay in Minnesota without Zimmer is likely a longshot but I think that's a mistake.

25 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Because this is Clint's first time calling plays in his career. Much like a rookie usually makes a huge jump their 2nd season I think Clint may turn things around and become a great play caller. I acknowledge him stay in Minnesota without Zimmer is likely a longshot but I think that's a mistake.

You'd like to see some improvement through the season though

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 9:37 AM, vikingsrule said:

I’d imagine if this was real, the Cowboys will be documenting it and making a case to the NFL to investigate. And at that point Smith should be punished, whether that be a suspension or criminally. If the Cowboys don’t bother appealIng to the league office, then I’ll assume it wasn’t what it may have looked like. 

Good call. I thought it would be dropped, but the Cowboys are "pressing charges" or whatever the heck you wanna call it. "tattling to Godell"?