Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

In my opinion this has never been a linear issue. He never wanted to be here and gave lackluster effort at best and was extremely inconsistent at dropping passes, multiple times in red zone situations on third and fourth downs. He wanted out and asked for a trade before the season, which shows how much he wanted out of Cleveland and into a big city. Baker can be an issue and OBJ can also have been bad here, and that’s what happened. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In my opinion this has never been a linear issue. He never wanted to be here and gave lackluster effort at best and was extremely inconsistent at dropping passes, multiple times in red zone situations on third and fourth downs. He wanted out and asked for a trade before the season, which shows how much he wanted out of Cleveland and into a big city. Baker can be an issue and OBJ can also have been bad here, and that’s what happened. 

Yeah I don't think it was Cleveland being an issue more it was just a bad marriage.

OBJ wanted LA and came here and this was the 2nd time McVay tried to get him here. We don't have a lot of cap space for next year but you have to wonder if they work out a deal and he comes back. If not he's been fun so far and hopefully is the rest of the way out because he seems to be doing a good job of being a teammate here.

Besides the touchdowns his numbers are nearly identical in his 6 games with the Rams as his 6 games with the Browns. 2.5 more yards per game. 55% catch percentage with the Rams, 50% with the Browns. 13.6 per reception with the Browns, 12.4 with the Rams. Going from the #1 option to #2 or #3 with the Rams hasn't made much of a difference besides his TDs. I certainly wouldn't expect someone to pay him like he was getting paid.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So was Cleveland the issue or...

You’re finding out that Cleveland was more of an issue than he was that’s for that damn sure. 

People look at the numbers and say not much has changed other than this TDs. Well he just joined a brand new offense mid season, and it’s an offense that is so focused  around Cooper Kupp. Yet he hasn’t hindered his production or the offense as a whole and his numbers as the #2 or #3 are similar to his Cleveland numbers as the so called #1.