Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Second of all: those two teams just lost to the Titans without Derrick Henry and the Saints with a 3rd string QB.

Make it make sense. The Titans without Henry didnt do a thing on offense. It was their defense that did everything. Last time I checked, Henry didnt play defense. So I dont like the narrative of the Titans won without Henry. They couldve had me at back and they still wouldve won bc their offense wasnt special. Their defense was. Now it would be different if the Titans offense had a great game without Henry.  

I agree with you on the Saints winning with their 3rd string QB. Siemian did make plays in that game that helped the Saints win. 

All in all it doesnt take away that the Rams are even that much more dangerous with OBJ now. Just like Stafford and Von, teams respect what OBJ can still do. The week before the game teams will still gameplan for the OBJ we saw with the Giants and not the OBJ we saw in Cleveland. Nobody gameplan for Van Jefferson like that. So now the Rams have three receivers in Woods, Kupp, and OBJ that teams legit have to gameplan. They have to know where all those guys are line up on the field at all times and McVay will definitely be even more creative. That makes my Rams v Bucs NFCCG pick look even better. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Make it make sense. The Titans without Henry didnt do a thing on offense. It was their defense that did everything. Last time I checked, Henry didnt play defense. So I dont like the narrative of the Titans won without Henry. They couldve had me at back and they still wouldve won bc their offense wasnt special. Their defense was. Now it would be different if the Titans offense had a great game without Henry.  

Not my point at all. Just showing him his theory that "Any given Sunday" is dead is a nonstarter. Tennessee being a small market team without crazy top end talent and free agent signings was the point; pointing out Henry being out was for showmanship.

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Not my point at all. Just showing him his theory that "Any given Sunday" is dead is a nonstarter. Tennessee being a small market team without crazy top end talent and free agent signings was the point; pointing out Henry being out was for showmanship.

I agree any given Sunday bc its hard to win a championship but you want to put your team in the best position as possible to do so and thats what the Rams did. 

2 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Dude’s name is Amon-Ra? The St. Browns must be big Stargate fans.

It's an...interesting family, for sure, but no Star Gate influence sadly. His father is two time Mr. Universe John Brown. He has two brothers and all of their full names are Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown, Amon-Ra Julian Heru St. Brown, and Osiris Adrian Amen-Ra St. Brown. Can't really get into his father's "selective breeding" ideals on here, but go read up on the family and the unique parenting if you're interested, it is not a boring read.

• Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think the Packers would've been a much better fit but they didn't want him. I do think that OBJ will be able to contribute for the Rams though.

I think destination mattered a lot to OBJ. Was always going to be over there somewhere, IMO. He will contribute, of course.

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think destination mattered a lot to OBJ. Was always going to be over there somewhere, IMO. He will contribute, of course.

I think winning and playing with a better QB were the two biggest factors. He certainly would've gotten more targets in GB but they reportedly only wanted to offer him a vet minimum deal while the Rams gave him a pretty nice contract. 

I'm intrigued by this signing. The Rams lead the league in 3 WR sets, so he will be utilized with regularity. However, they are also VERY scripted in their route running, and OBJ is a definite free-lancer. He also won't be a #1 there, which is best case scenario for the Rams, but with OBJ I'll be intrigued to see whether or not he's okay with that.

Will he play within the system, or will he free-lance?