Browns release WR OBJ, Signs with Rams

RaidersAreOne

I didnt see this coming. After the Rams moved on from DJax I thought it was just going to be them going with Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson with seeing what those other receivers have. Then I guess when Tutu got hurt then we just saw Harris also get hurt maybe that had something to do with the Rams really feeling like they need depth. 

I knew the Rams wanted to get OBJ back then when the Giants were trading him but the Rams backed out due to them not feeling good about his off the field issues. I love OBJ being a former LSU Tiger. He has the talent still despite what some think. The best thing about getting him is that the Rams receivers arent selfish. Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson arent going to care about the targets they will get. I can see McVay scheming OBJ all over the field so good luck to defenses depth chart defenders covering a schemed wide open OBJ down the field as Stafford drop bombs to him. Its going to be fun. Plus just like the Miller trade, we got OBJ for the playoffs. Last season Donald was hurt and we didnt have a real difference maker to rush the passer. Kupp was hurt as well. Now we have Miller and OBJ. Welcome to LA my guy. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I didnt see this coming. After the Rams moved on from DJax I thought it was just going to be them going with Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson with seeing what those other receivers have. Then I guess when Tutu got hurt then we just saw Harris also get hurt maybe that had something to do with the Rams really feeling like they need depth. 

I knew the Rams wanted to get OBJ back then when the Giants were trading him but the Rams backed out due to them not feeling good about his off the field issues. I love OBJ being a former LSU Tiger. He has the talent still despite what some think. The best thing about getting him is that the Rams receivers arent selfish. Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson arent going to care about the targets they will get. I can see McVay scheming OBJ all over the field so good luck to defenses depth chart defenders covering a schemed wide open OBJ down the field as Stafford drop bombs to him. Its going to be fun. Plus just like the Miller trade, we got OBJ for the playoffs. Last season Donald was hurt and we didnt have a real difference maker to rush the passer. Kupp was hurt as well. Now we have Miller and OBJ. Welcome to LA my guy. 

OBJ isn't a deep threat. At least no more than any average WR. His rookie year was the only time he caught more than 62% of his targets and his first two years is the only time he averaged more than 14 per reception (14.3 and 15.1).

Compare that to Donovan Peoples Jones last year where he averaged 21.7 per catch and caught 70% of his targets. Sure it was just one year but he is averaging 20.9 per reception this year and has caught 83.3% of his targets. That seems like the player you think you are getting. OBJ isn't that guy. Certainly not in 2021. He is more like a Jarvis Landry who wasn't willing to make catches in traffic. I do think he will give a better effort the rest of this year but that certainly wasn't the only thing holding him back.

Should be a decent #3, made a terrible #1 though. Also might not be where he is supposed to be, we'll see how Stafford adapts.

Stafford's current passer rating is 111.0. Lets see what happens with the OBJ addition.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

I tried this approach a couple years ago. Just give it time. Lol

If he misbehaves, we can cut him. This is like TB signing Antonio Brown last year. He either adds value, or we get rid of him. But I think he'll add value. 

• Like 1

Is the NFL turning into the NBA?

Look at how stacked some teams (TB, LAR) are with FA additions compared to the vast majority. Honestly while I salute those franchises for making the Eagles Dream Team a reality I'm not quite sure if I enjoy the fact that it is working. The any given sunday aproach, while sometimes infuriating, is still what makes the NFL special imo.

14 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Is the NFL turning into the NBA?

Look at how stacked some teams (TB, LAR) are with FA additions compared to the vast majority. Honestly while I salute those franchises for making the Eagles Dream Team a reality I'm not quite sure if I enjoy the fact that it is working. The any given sunday aproach, while sometimes infuriating, is still what makes the NFL special imo.

I get the concern, but  7 game series vs single game is vastly different 

• Like 1