Tennessee Titans vs LA Rams

MDY10

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Stafford really needs to turn it around. He had 3 awful teams to pad his stats but if he just doesn't turn it over today it is a win. This is why the team moved on from Goff. He literally threw the game away. 

Im not going to let anyone think that was the case. He played excellent against the Bears and their defense is legit. He played the Colts very well and their defense is more than solid. He played excellent against the Bucs and their front seven is elite. 

I thought tonight was the fact that the OL struggled blocking the Titans front seven. Then you add that Stafford didnt practice all week. Typically when a player doesnt practice all week he doesnt play on Sunday. The Cards didnt play Murray today bc he didnt practice all week. I thought Dak struggling like he did was bc he probably had little to no practice through the week with his calf injury. Now Im not saying Stafford shouldnt have played but I have to believe one of the reasons Stafford struggled was bc he didnt practice at all this week in preparation of the Titans. I know people poop poop over practice but its definitely important. 

I think the Rams will be fine and bounce back next week. We have a huge matchup against the Niners on MNF. If we can win that game then this game is forgotten. Id much rather beat the Niners and lose to the Titans than beat the Titans and lose to the Niners. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not going to let anyone think that was the case. He played excellent against the Bears and their defense is legit. He played the Colts very well and their defense is more than solid. He played excellent against the Bucs and their front seven is elite. 

I thought tonight was the fact that the OL struggled blocking the Titans front seven. Then you add that Stafford didnt practice all week. Typically when a player doesnt practice all week he doesnt play on Sunday. The Cards didnt play Murray today bc he didnt practice all week. I thought Dak struggling like he did was bc he probably had little to no practice through the week with his calf injury. Now Im not saying Stafford shouldnt have played but I have to believe one of the reasons Stafford struggled was bc he didnt practice at all this week in preparation of the Titans. I know people poop poop over practice but its definitely important. 

I think the Rams will be fine and bounce back next week. We have a huge matchup against the Niners on MNF. If we can win that game then this game is forgotten. Id much rather beat the Niners and lose to the Titans than beat the Titans and lose to the Niners. 

The issue isn't practice. The momentum changed in this game when Stafford threw the spinning pick in the endzone instead of taking the sack. Stafford practicing all week isn't stopping him from making that play. That's the type of player he is. And tonight, it killed us. The OL didn't play well tonight. But neither interception can be blamed on the OL. A lot of sacks weren't on them either. Stafford just sucked tonight. He literally just needs to take care of the ball and it's a win. 

You are right, the loss doesn't kill the season. We did have a nice opportunity to stay at 1 loss while fighting with Arizona but we can still beat them later to stand pat. 

But I don't know who can watch this game and think Stafford can play 3 straight solid playoff games. He crushed us today. 

• Like 1

This game is on Stafford. The defense actually played very good today. The run game was there too.

The most frustrating thing was seeing horrible calls and no calls kill any momentum over and over. I don’t agree with the decision to overturn Higbees TD. I thought regardless of what was called it should stand. There’s no way you can see if he’s on it or not. It’s less than a centimeter lmao I thought both roughing the passer were bad too. I saw rams Dlineman almost getting tackled and nothing being called while Whit has the slightest hold and it’s called.
Jalen imo was lucky not to be ejected though. I love the dude but there’s a difference between being a dirt bag and talking sh*t. 

This game is what it is. It’s over. Move on and let’s hope Stafford isn’t going on his second run of bad football. This can’t happen every 3-4 games. 

edit: Also, those few games where some of us started to worry about inconsistencies weren’t as worrisome because he was usually making good decisions and missing his throws. This time he was making rookie mistakes. I’ll be more worried if he has occasional games of making bad decisions than the days he’s missing throws. He hasn’t had many missed throws like the ones we saw in those earlier games so hopefully he gets this corrected as well and keeps on going. 

Edited by MDY10
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

This game is on Stafford. The defense actually played very good today. The run game was there too.

The most frustrating thing was seeing horrible calls and no calls kill any momentum over and over. I don’t agree with the decision to overturn Higbees TD. I thought regardless of what was called it should stand. There’s no way you can see if he’s on it or not. It’s less than a centimeter lmao I thought both roughing the passer were bad too. I saw rams Dlineman almost getting tackled and nothing being called while Whit has the slightest hold and it’s called.
Jalen imo was lucky not to be ejected though. I love the dude but there’s a difference between being a dirt bag and talking sh*t. 

This game is what it is. It’s over. Move on and let’s hope Stafford isn’t going on his second run of bad football. This can’t happen every 3-4 games. 

edit: Also, those few games where some of us started to worry about inconsistencies weren’t as worrisome because he was usually making good decisions and missing his throws. This time he was making rookie mistakes. I’ll be more worried if he has occasional games of making bad decisions than the days he’s missing throws. He hasn’t had many missed throws like the ones we saw in those earlier games so hopefully he gets this corrected as well and keeps on going. 

The rookie mistakes from Stafford killed us but we also only scored 9 points before garbage time. He was awful all game. A lot of the sacks were him just holding the ball too long. 

I thought the tempo and some of the playcalling tonight was also terrible. The offense needed a spark and it seemed like a no huddle would work. There was 1 2nd down play where it seemed like Stafford didn't have enough time to check out that he just burned a run to Sony that lost yards. And for playcalling, the first and goal fade to Van is going to be a waste of a play 9 out of 10 times. I was okay with the run/pass splits but some of the situational calls seemed a little silly. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

The issue isn't practice. The momentum changed in this game when Stafford threw the spinning pick in the endzone instead of taking the sack. Stafford practicing all week isn't stopping him from making that play. That's the type of player he is. And tonight, it killed us. The OL didn't play well tonight. But neither interception can be blamed on the OL. A lot of sacks weren't on them either. Stafford just sucked tonight. He literally just needs to take care of the ball and it's a win. 

You are right, the loss doesn't kill the season. We did have a nice opportunity to stay at 1 loss while fighting with Arizona but we can still beat them later to stand pat. 

But I don't know who can watch this game and think Stafford can play 3 straight solid playoff games. He crushed us today. 

No I agree that him not practicing had nothing to do with those two bad ints. What I’m saying is the way the Titans were rushing him I thought it threw off the OL and Stafford and all those pre snapped penalties too. Like the Rams wasn’t even in rhythm on offense and so I would like to think had Stafford practiced to prepare for the Titans the offense wouldn’t have been that off. 

Stafford had two HUGE costly turnovers he can't make.

The O-Line had it's worth showing of the season; just blown up from the inside and couldn't pick up stunts.

We had our worst game from a penalty perspective.

Heat check performance. Great time to buy low on their superbowl odds. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Horrible night for Stafford, and a questionable night for pass protection. Let’s just move on and focus on the team we haven’t beaten in years. 

I'll die on the hill that Mcvay needs to give up playcalling. Let him design the concepts and schemes but he has always struggled calling them during a game and isn't getting any better. Start of the second half he started using misdirection and we marched down the field only to run 3 straight pass plays once we got close.  

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Stafford had two HUGE costly turnovers he can't make.

The O-Line had it's worth showing of the season; just blown up from the inside and couldn't pick up stunts.

We had our worst game from a penalty perspective.

Heat check performance. Great time to buy low on their superbowl odds. 

The book I use still has Rams 3rd best SB odds. Vegas doesn't overreact. 

• Like 1