Week 10 GDT - Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if we ran this on 3rd just to put us in better FG range 

Meh...I think I would have preferred the run than that specific playcall, but I don't hate the decision to just try and get it. 

Didn't matter with Gould smashing the FG 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gould is not hitting this 50 yarder. Just a weak play call and one that will prevent us from scoring on this drive. Unreal.

LOL. At least you didn't jinx him. 24-7 is no what I was expecting after last week, but I'll take it. 

I can't remember who brought it up when we had Slye (who has since signed elsewhere, so it's a moot point) but it may not be a bad idea to have two kickers on this roster. I mean, anything beyond 50 is going to be a hard ask for Gould the next year and a half. 

• Like 1

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Is Gould the 2nd best kicker in the NFL after Justin Tucker? He's been consistent for 15 years which is amazing 

He doesn't have the leg to be the second best kicker in the NFL any more.  You could argue that over the last however long he's been like the second best kicker in the league or something, but right now he's just too limited in his distance.