The "I forgot to make a thread" Week 10 Thread: 2-6 WFT vs 6-2 Tompa Bay (SIMPSONS GIF WEEK MANIA)

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kyle Allen was only healthy enough to play the 3rd preseason game as he had a set back in August during training camp and in that game it was clear he wasn’t quite 100% as his mobility wasn’t what it was last October before he broke his ankle.

Also, point still stands that Allen wasn’t healthy enough in May, June, July or most of August to truly push for the job. It was reported every single day of last off-season that Allen wasn’t healthy enough to win the job.

As to your last point, Kyle Allen is the #2 right now, so you saying he’s #3 is already wrong. On top of that, in 2020 Rivera traded for him as their #1 QB on the roster after Haskins gave the job away & they wanted him to be the starter all of last year. If Kyle Allen hadn’t broken his ankle there’s a very good chance that Taylor Heinicke wouldn’t even be in the league right now and Kyle Allen would’ve been our starting QB every game this season. You can’t just ignore how Allen breaking his ankle cost I’m the chance to prove he could be our long term starter so far in his WFT career.

I think what you’re missing is there’s a reason Ron traded a 5th for Kyle Allen and there’s a reason he is still on this roster despite not being able to be 100% the entire off-season and that’s because Ron & Kyle actually think there’s something there to develop w/ him. If they didn’t feel that way, they wouldn’t have tendered him last March to keep him around, they would’ve just moved on and drafted or signed someone else.

Your attempts to prove there is no QB controversy sure seem counterintuitive. 

I'll cliffnote it for you. 

Kyle Allen is the #2 QB right now, but on any decent team or this one with a fully healthy QB room, he is only a QB3. 

This staff does still like Allen, thus he is currently on the roster. They however don't believe he is better than Heinicke or Fitzpatrick, regardless of whether or not you feel he was recovering from injury. Allen did not start on the PUP, he was healthy at the start of the season, where he was made QB3. 

Allen will remain on the team as long as Rivera/Turner run the team because he is cheap and familiar with the offense. 

Other than that, he is just another guy. 

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Your attempts to prove there is no QB controversy sure seem counterintuitive. 

I'll cliffnote it for you. 

Kyle Allen is the #2 QB right now, but on any decent team or this one with a fully healthy QB room, he is only a QB3. 

This staff does still like Allen, thus he is currently on the roster. They however don't believe he is better than Heinicke or Fitzpatrick, regardless of whether or not you feel he was recovering from injury. Allen did not start on the PUP, he was healthy at the start of the season, where he was made QB3. 

Allen will remain on the team as long as Rivera/Turner run the team because he is cheap and familiar with the offense. 

Other than that, he is just another guy. 

Well it’s nice you actually got the Kyle Allen timeline correct. I think it’s debatable if he was 100% the rest of last season and this offseason whether he’d be the starter or not but, there’s definitely no way to prove it one way or the other.

Not saying I agree with this, but I do wonder if next off-season they have Heinicke as their projected starter, Kyle Allen is re-signed to compete with him and we draft a rookie QB to compete with them as well. It’s either that or I worry they won’t even draft a QB as they still see Kyle Allen as the QB they’re developing for the long term. If this were to happen they would sign a FA like Mariota or Trubisky, re-sign Kyle Allen and have Mariota/Trubisky, Heinicke & Allen competing for the starting job.

Not what I want, but I’m worried the later is what they’ll do.

32 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Yeah I haven't seen anything to counter this. In fact, he's mentioned as 100%.  I agree. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I haven't seen anything to counter this. In fact, he's mentioned as 100%.  I agree. 

That wasn’t my point. My point was he wasn’t healthy enough in the off-season to compete for the job as he was working his way back from the broken ankle and he had the set back where he tweaked his ankle July 31st which I believe costed him at least  a week of practice in training camp. He was behind the eight ball all off-season because of his ankle injury.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That wasn’t my point. My point was he wasn’t healthy enough in the off-season to compete for the job as he was working his way back from the broken ankle and he had the set back where he tweaked his ankle July 31st which I believe costed him at least  a week of practice in training camp. He was behind the eight ball all off-season because of his ankle injury.

This is not really true. He was a full participant in OTAs from the beginning. 

In fact, from an article in May:

While Allen had tape on his previously-dislocated ankle, there didn't appear to be any other sort of signal that he was still feeling the effects of his rehab or that Washington's staff was holding him back in any way.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/kyle-allen-was-winner-washingtons-first-otas-simply-suiting 

He missed some practice and the first preseason game, due to a RE-INJURY of it from a rollup, but it didn't keep him out long. It wasn't a lingering effect though from the previous injury carrying forward. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well we could finish this year how we finished last year but not make the playoffs bc the Cowboys have Dak and we won’t win the division. We could end up being 7-10 and miss out on the playoffs bc Dallas ends up having anywhere from 10 to 12 wins.

Yes, that's why I said it's too bad we blew so many games in the beginning of the year. I was stating that we could have the same turn around but it's more than likely too late because of the poor play we had before the bye. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Yes, that's why I said it's too bad we blew so many games in the beginning of the year. I was stating that we could have the same turn around but it's more than likely too late because of the poor play we had before the bye. 

We actually have a better record than we did this time last year. This time last year we were 2-7, then we went on our run to finish 5-2.

Even if we finish this season 5-2 we’d be 8-9 and not win the Division bc the Cowboys at worst I think have 10 wins & 8 wins might not be enough to be the 7th playoff team.

I said it before the season and it’s holding true and I think it will over the last 8 games too that we were never going to win the division over the Cowboys if Dak is healthy. The only reason we beat the Cowboys twice last year and won the division is because Dak broke his ankle.