The "I forgot to make a thread" Week 10 Thread: 2-6 WFT vs 6-2 Tompa Bay (SIMPSONS GIF WEEK MANIA)

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No. There is ZERO reason that Taylor Heinicke shouldn't finish this season. (Unless he gets hurt)

Should Tampa bench Tom Brady for throwing two interceptions? Blaine Gabbert waiting in the back.

Its just that simple. Players have good and bad games. Taylor Heinicke has earned the right to play out the season.

That’s a poor comparison and we all know Heinicke had more than a few bad games, the entire month of October was a regression.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s one game, the last several games he didn’t play this well. I couldn’t be happier for Taylor Heinicke, can’t we just leave it at that?

You keep forgetting this is his first year as a starter.  How many very high picks did well in there first year?  But if this team played as well as they did today on D I bet you anything we would a very different record.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That’s a poor comparison. 

Just admit that Taylor deserves to play out the rest of the season. He has not played poorly enough to get pulled, period.

On the flipside of that. The playcalling from Scott Turner today was much better. I think as Scott Turner goes, Taylor Heinicke goes.

1 minute ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

You keep forgetting this is his first year as a starter.  How many very high picks did well in there first year?  But if this team played as well as they did today on D I bet you anything we would a very different record.

Nope, I haven’t forgotten that at all. It’s not about winning & losing, it’s about how Taylor played last month. I’m talking about him, he hadn't played well.

Taylor played well today. I’m happy for him bc it had been a while since he had. 

It’s not like anyone in this forum is not rooting for Heinicke, we all are but, we also think he can be upgraded and if he wasn’t going to have a game like he did today it was perfectly logical to see if Kyle Allen could do any better bc Kyle is just on a one year deal and it’d be nice to see what he could give us but, if Taylor continues to play  average to great obviously you don’t make that change.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Nope, I haven’t forgotten that at all. It’s not about winning & losing, it’s about how Taylor played last month. I’m talking about him, he hadn't played well.

Taylor played well today. I’m happy for him bc it had been a while since he had. 

It’s not like anyone in this forum is not rooting for Heinicke, we all are but, we also think he can be upgraded and if he wasn’t going to have a game like he did today it was perfectly logical to see if Kyle Allen could do any better bc Kyle is just on a one year deal and it’d be nice to see what he could give us but, if Taylor continues to play  average to great obviously you don’t make that change.

The entire team played like crap the last month starting with our coaching staff.  That is the fact.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Just admit that Taylor deserves to play out the rest of the season. He has not played poorly enough to get pulled, period.

On the flipside of that. The playcalling from Scott Turner today was much better. I think as Scott Turner goes, Taylor Heinicke goes.

I can’t commit to that. Taylor is not an enriched starter for this team, he’s not a high draft pick who’s in his early to mid 20s that we know has an elite arm that we could see develop into a franchise QB w/in a few more years of development so we’d allow him to play through some awful outings and growing pains for a few seasons. 

It sucks for Heinicke but it is what it is. Heinicke shouldn’t have a blank check to this job or a leash that doesn’t have an end to it. If Fitzpatrick or Kyle Allen had started the past month and played how Heinicke had played, I’d be saying the same thing.

I don’t think Turner called any different plays, the difference was execution by our offense. Also, we got on top of the Bucs early bc we got the ball, scored, our defense forced two turnovers and the offense scored on short fields. That allowed us to run the ball more and take time off the clock. Unlike most games this season we didn’t allow the opposing offense to score early and get a lead on us. Instead we got the lead and were able to have more balanced play calling the rest of the game.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

it was perfectly logical to see if Kyle Allen could do any better bc Kyle is just on a one year deal and it’d be nice to see what he could give us

ryan reynolds hd GIF

You act like Heinicke is THE reason we were 2-6. There is a staff that knows Allen and Heinicke better than anyone, Allen is on the bench for a very good reason.

Lets not forget our historically bad defense played good/very good today. Fixing a lot of the things that caused us to give up a very high rate of third downs and many broken responsibilities in coverage.

This team wins and loses as a whole. They all did their jobs today.