The "I forgot to make a thread" Week 10 Thread: 2-6 WFT vs 6-2 Tompa Bay (SIMPSONS GIF WEEK MANIA)

MikeT14

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

For me, I want to win. There is absolutely nothing worth tanking for this year. The QB I want can be had in the middle of the first round, if not later and losing does nothing at this moment for the future of this team. So I’ll be rooting for them to beat the crap out of the panthers and whoever else is on the schedule. 

I'm down with this.

I always want them to win when I'm watching. I just console myself with losses by looking at tankathon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

This was probably TH's best game so far. I'm not sure what the difference was... The O-Line was great again and having Scherff back helped a lot. The backup center looked good as well. 

Also Joey Slye is legit. 

Big game in Carolina next week. 

Big game for the CarolinaSkins 😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

To be honest, the offense was moving with Heinecke and then they hit this weird lull. What we saw form Heinecke today is what we’ve basically seen from him every game except for that weird span of games starting with KC. With that said, we still have no idea what Heinecke is at the moment because it’s been such a mixed bag of great and bad. I think maybe what we’re seeing as well is Turner having no idea what Heinecke is either and that’s why for a span there we saw him sitting in the pocket and struggling. 

Heinecke is short. He has to get out of the pocket so he can see the field and Turner started doing that more as the game went on and it seemed like Tampa started to worry about his legs and it opened up the middle of the field. He has to do that more. He’s not a pocket passer. Let him do what he does best. 

It's the Russell Wilson conundrum where they needed to get him out of the pocket as much as possible.

• Like 1

Thoughts in order as I finished the game?

I'm extremely happy we won.

Big games by TH, Gibby and Mclaurin. 

That's what happens when your defense plays better and your offense responds.

I wonder what our record vs. Brady led teams is

Ace is gonna be on fire this week.

This should clear a lot of people out of the Survivor Pool this week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's the Russell Wilson conundrum where they needed to get him out of the pocket as much as possible.

They definitely did move him more out of the pocket on bootlegs & he escaped more himself and made some for scheduled plays. I’d still like to see some read option worked in with Heinicke a handful of times a game, especially in the Redzone, I’d we did read option inside the 15 yard line once every series down there, I’m sure we’d have more TDs & less FGs.