The "We Signed Every Panther but Cam and Now Play Him" Week 11 Thread: Washington @ Carolina

MikeT14

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also, on Carolina's first touchdown pass, the center was 3 yards downfield and should have resulted in an ineligible downfield instead of a TD.

Our 4th and inches they called us for false start (or motion I couldn't hear because my kids were screaming and running around the room playing), the Carolina defender was lined up over the LOS. Should have been offsetting penalties

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Our 4th and inches they called us for false start (or motion I couldn't hear because my kids were screaming and running around the room playing), the Carolina defender was lined up over the LOS. Should have been offsetting penalties

Unfortunately we are still wearing the wrong color jerseys. It would be in our best interest in the rebrand to think about changing the color scheme to throw off the Refs too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, taylor made said:

This sets up a pretty big game next week against Seattle at Fedex Field MNF. 

The problem we got is they are all big games.  The eagles are a big problem for us.  We will need to beat them twice.   The raiders game might be the only one that isn't important.  Anyways, like you say Seattle is all that matters at this point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Wes S didn’t even really move early did he? I saw his head move ever so slightly, I thought it was a bogus call.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unfortunately we are still wearing the wrong color jerseys. It would be in our best interest in the rebrand to think about changing the color scheme to throw off the Refs too.

Basically, the zebras are always wearing other teams jersey colors every week. We’re fighting 16 defenders out there every week.

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

The problem we got is they are all big games.  The eagles are a big problem for us.  We will need to beat them twice.   The raiders game might be the only one that isn't important.  Anyways, like you say Seattle is all that matters at this point.

Generally, I feel you on this but the Bucs & Panthers games were huge for us and we won those. It’s clear that during the bye week Rivera/JDR tightened some things up on D and on O Turner/Heinicke figured out which plays are most successful in the red-zone bc in October that was where we struggled the most on O. We were putting up the yards just weren’t punching it in. I think running the ball more in the red-zone is helping, Gibby is a solid back inside the numbers, he’s bigger and stronger than we think. 

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Random thought-- Wes Schweitzer coulda been a Hog ! I love this guy- He's been invaluable. His signing was poo-pooed as ahh- He's JAG.. Nope, great pickup. O-line has to have quality depth . He and Lucas are tops at that ! Very good signings . 

I was one of the few who was willing to wait and see on the Wes S signing, overall though people crapped on it bc he wasn’t a big name. 

He’s invaluable bc he can play either guard spot, C or RT, those types of guys you keep around. He’s a must re-sign along with McKissic, RSJ, McKissic, Lucas & Carter IMO. I can go either way on re-signing McCain, he had a rough first month or so, but he’s been playing more solid now that he has the D down and apparently they like him a lot. Rivera said he’s a very cerebral player.

Cut Collins, let Scherff walk and sign a vet stop gap LB. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Kudos to Bates. Watched that awesome replay where he has presence of mind to give Heiny a target on 4th and 3 . What a play by both those guys . wow, wow, wow ! A rookie to make a play like that. I think his 4th round pick was reasonable . 

Who knows, he may end up being our Cooley after another year of development.

17 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

😎😎😎

He’s been such an awesome guard. I’m surprised the Giants didn’t move him to guard before they cut him bc he’s big and strong, he just struggled with his footwork vs speed pass rushers. Oh well I’m glad they didn’t and I’m glad he’s ours.