The "We Signed Every Panther but Cam and Now Play Him" Week 11 Thread: Washington @ Carolina

MikeT14

Pretty evenly matched teams. If our secondary was as good as it looked on paper before the bye week and we had executed just a bit better in the Redzone last month we’d probably have a flipped record of 6-3. I think we’re closer to a 5-5 team like the Panthers than we are a 3-6 team but, you are what your record is.

Im worried about this game, I don’t think we’ll be able to contain the mobility/power of Cam as a runner and the mobility/shiftiness of PJ Walker. We have/had a good run D, but that was when Chase & Tez were healthy. Can we keep that up w/o them and with JSW & Toohill playing 80% of the game?

I honestly think this is finally the game where on 1st downs they should bump Jon Allen to DE and have Matt Ioannidis start at DT & then rotate Jon Allen back to DT on passing downs. 

Will we see more of Shaka Toney as a situational 3rd down pass rusher this week over JSW in that package? I hope so!

Will Shaka Toney will get his chance?

I hope so! 

If Heinicke plays at least average this week meaning 60%, 250 Yds & 1 Or 2 TDs w/o more than 1 int & our D plays at least somewhere in between how it played the first half of last weeks game when our D dominated and the 2nd half of last weeks game when Brady caught fire, we can win, but we also need our 3 headed RB monster & Heinicke as a rusher to be successful.

Honestly though, I don’t have a good feeling about this game. When we beat Carolina in 2019 they didn’t have Cam or a scrambling QB like PJ Walker and their D wasn’t as good as it is now. Plus, we won that game in large part due to AD & Guice going wild all over the Panthers D in the ground, very unlikely to happen vs this Panthers run D.

WFT: 24

Panthers: 27

I think if we’re able to get Sam Cosmi back, that could be a major factor. In pass protection, he’s probably only pretty comparable to Lucas at this point — but where he shines is in the run game. And if you’re going to move the ball against Carolina, the way to do it is on the ground. They have the best pass defense in the league by a wide margin, as well as one of the most prolific pass rushes. But they’re just middle of the pack against the run, and I think it would be crucial for us to wear down Reddick/Burns, as well as those fast but undersized LBs.

• Like 1