Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

On 11/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, incognito_man said:

I don't even want to go to this game anymore. We will lose both the game and probably Davante for the season.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, incognito_man said:

Just too many injuries to overcome at this point. I think we probably start the season 8-2 and finish it 3-4, still win the north and, at best, make it ton a divisional round road loss.

On 11/22/2021 at 12:47 PM, incognito_man said:

It sucks this is such an important game, but you have to consider resting a gimpy Rodgers behind this OL. Injuries happen more frequently when muscles are fatigued.

This is just absolutely brutal. Eat the loss and try to get your blues as healthy as possible for the last quarter of the season and playoffs. 

I'd rest any of my main contributors who would benefit significantly from 2 weeks of rest.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:37 PM, incognito_man said:

over/under: 8.5 QBHits on Rodgers

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've never been very concerned about the Rams in GB. We're just a better team and things went as expected.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Postgame thoughts:

+s

+AJ Dillon is the biggest plus, often getting 4-6 yards when the play is only blocked for 1-2, always picking up first downs on 3rd/4th and short, and still showing nice hands and moves in the open field. 

+Rodgers accuracy seemed better than it has been lately, looked good going down the field. Still feels like he is turning down easy completions at times though. 

+OLine looked good enough to get us by: pressure at times, but not devastating. 

+tackling remains remarkably consistent on this defense. Loved the Amos 4th down stop and Clark’s TFL where he sprang like a bunny. 

+Douglas and FO for bringing him in. 

-s

-not unexpected, but the Tipa+Hamilton EDGE combo was a clear liability. 

-still dropping potential picks. Really need to make more of these plays that are right there.  

-refs are always here. Seemed like our WRs were getting manhandled in the EZ; that Donald choking non-penalty; and as a fair catch was signaled, Cobb is supposed to have the exclusive rights to that punt until it hits the ground. Since the defender plucked it out of the air, it should have remained Packers ball. Didn’t really notice anything the Packers got away with apart from maybe Nijman moving a bit early. Aren’t they supposed to be hometown refs?

-can we just have one injury-free game?

Ugly-

I know many are gonna say Crosby but I remain not so concerned.  It’s not complete shanks, I think we’ll get back to good at some point, hopefully sooner than later. 

The OL had issues when we were in obvious passing situations and in a 2 minute drill but otherwise they held up very well.  +

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Where would this team be without Rasul Douglas? I find it hard pressed that at least 20 teams in the NFL couldn't use someone like him at least as there #3 corner and probably half that would take him as the #2. 

He's been really good overall.  He plays the ball really well and he competes.  Surprising that he didn't have a role on a team.  He's a great add for this team.  If Stokes had Rasul's ball skills we'd be looking at a pro bowl level corner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm worried about the receiving group

I kinda am too, but I think we have the fix. 

Im fine with Cobb in the slot. 

Lazard is much as I love him is just another guy.  I think EQ is going to get more snaps. 

Also, it’s real shocking to me how Jones and Dillon aren’t on the field together ever. I personally can’t remember them being in on the same play together. It’s almost like MLF is saving it for when the time is right ,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The refs also missed calls too in that game. I was on the phone with my friend and we were discussing the missed calls bc he was saying the refs missed PI calls on the Rams and literally as we were discussing there was a play Adams caught the ball for a first down and right there it was a blatant block in the back the refs missed. It was clear as day. So that was just one of the many calls that the refs missed. And Im not saying that it went just one way bc the Packers I think had 3 penalties and the Rams had 4. Clearly the refs werent throwing flags all day but the OL can easily be helped when they can get away with block in the back and holding calls to negate the pass rush. And even my friend said on one Packers play that it shouldve been a delay of game. I think it was one of the plays the Packers were in the redzone. I wasnt paying attention to the clock but he was so again another missed call.

Refereeing across the league hasn't been all that great this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Also, it’s real shocking to me how Jones and Dillon aren’t on the field together ever. I personally can’t remember them being in on the same play together. It’s almost like MLF is saving it for when the time is right ,

Jones in the receiving game is very likely being saved.  We saw a lot of it for 4-5 weeks last year, then not so much since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

My respect for Rodgers just went up exponentially. I broke my pinky years ago at work and had to take off for two weeks. The pain is just excruciating to walk on. There's nothing you can do for a pinky fracture but let it heal on its own. Rodgers is a warrior.

I've had a broken toe too (not the pinky one tho) and all they can do is tape it to a neighboring toe and let it heal on its own.   Hurts like hell.

• Like 1

Rob Demovsky -   Sunday standouts:  

Rashan Gary: 2 QB hits, 1 sack, 1 FF
Kenny Clark: 8 tackles (including 1 TFL), 2 QB hits
Rasul Douglas: 4 PBUs, 1 INT
Aaron Rodgers: 60th game w/300 yards & 2 TDs
Yosh Nijman: 80% PBWR
Davante Adams: 8 catches for 104 yards

///

I believe he left off a certain TD............

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Lazard right now is almost unplayable in the passing game. His whole ability is based on contested catches since he cannot consistently get open. He can't catch anything contested right now..... 

I also think his blocking ability is overrated. I would like to see EQ get more time. 

There is a reason why Lazard was not drafted but he was blocking pretty well before he got COVID.  EQ seems to be coming around the past couple of weeks.

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I kinda am too, but I think we have the fix. 

Im fine with Cobb in the slot. 

Lazard is much as I love him is just another guy.  I think EQ is going to get more snaps. 

They were out there together on at least one occasion yesterday, but it is something the Packers just don't seem to do much of at all.

31 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Where would this team be without Rasul Douglas? I find it hard pressed that at least 20 teams in the NFL couldn't use someone like him at least as there #3 corner and probably half that would take him as the #2. 

Kevin King was inactive....and injured.  Shocker, I know.

Douglas is everything King should have been at a minimum.

Everyone has had Douglas, or had a chance to have Douglas.  He doesn't work in every system.  

I don't know coverage scheme well enough figure out why he works for us, yet didn't for others.  So I'm just going to sit here and be thrilled that we have him.

• Like 1