Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi (for a 4th round pick)

WeaponX

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Kiko has been good but would do that trade again if I was the Eagles because it helped them get up for Wentz.

Dat Byron Maxwell doe......

And the Dolphins would do it again in a heartbeat as well. Kiko + Tunsil + Maxwell (10th rated corner in 2016 per PFF and played very well for Miami during their playoff push) was absolutely worth the 13th overall pick.

Just now, cddolphin said:

And the Dolphins would do it again in a heartbeat as well. Kiko + Tunsil + Maxwell (10th rated corner in 2016 per PFF and played very well for Miami during their playoff push) was absolutely worth the 13th overall pick.

Then its a good deal. Pleasure doing business with you haha.

Maxwell is trash doe...This is coming from the guy that desperately wanted the Eagles to sign him

So the Dolphins only get a 4th round pick for Jay Ajayi? Am I missing something here? Do we have a serious drug problem over there in Miami or what? The Rams may as well see if they can squeeze Pouncey and Kiko for a 6th and 7th while Miami is feeling this vulnerable/desperate.....

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Aren't you forgetting that other player you got in that deal? 

nah

17 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

trade was a win-win

Just now, Tony7188 said:

Aren't you forgetting that other player you got in that deal? 

Maxwell was a throw in by Philly cause they wanted to be rid of his deal, similar to Osweiler. I'm pretty satisfied with the trade from Kiko alone honestly. I dread to think how woeful our LB corp would be otherwise.

It's looking more and more like Ajayi's 2016 campaign was an outlier, and Miami was able to get a good return for a guy they most likely think already peaked for them. If that's the case, Miami wins this trade easily (5th round pick they flipped for a 4th on the last year of his rookie deal). Otherwise, if it wasn't then Miami just lost a future workhorse back during a period where they need young talented pieces.

It remains to be seen, but I think Ajayi is too hard to really tell how good he is right now.

Archived