Week 12: Jets vs Texans

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The Peyton comparison has to go. Peyton started playing A LOT better by this time his rookie year. Wilson today looks darn near worse. And that’s after sitting and learning while injured for a month. Hard to stay optimistic on him. Play White the rest of the year and open up a QB competition next camp.

THIS. Plus also bring in another option. Don’t hurt the rest of the team because you drafted a dog sh!t QB

Just now, Bobby816 said:

The Peyton comparison has to go. Peyton started playing A LOT better by this time his rookie year. Wilson today looks darn near worse. And that’s after sitting and learning while injured for a month. Hard to stay optimistic on him. Play White the rest of the year and open up a QB competition next camp.

Agreed! I feel like we used Peyton for Sanchez & Geno as well. This should be Mike's team until someone beat him. I'm even opening up to the idea of pulling a Rosen & Clausen on Wilson. A 35yr old QB from the practice squad threw for 300yds 3tds, Flacco with 2 weeks of practice looked solid, White looked amazing until his injury. They all did this against much better teams. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Agreed! I feel like we used Peyton for Sanchez & Geno as well. This should be Mike's team until someone beat him. I'm even opening up to the idea of pulling a Rosen & Clausen on Wilson. A 35yr old QB from the practice squad threw for 300yds 3tds, Flacco with 2 weeks of practice looked solid, White looked amazing until his injury. They all did this against much better teams. 

You play who’s playing better.

White > Wilson

Forget draft position for the moment. The best player right now has to play. And White is better for us right now. By no means does that mean give up on Wilson. But he has to earn starting. Cousins and RG3 is all I have to say. Not saying White is Cousins and Wilson is RG3. But sometimes you have to take away the draft investment and just play who makes you a better team. And we look A LOT better when White is at QB than Wilson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

You play who’s playing better.

White > Wilson

Forget draft position for the moment. The best player right now has to play. And White is better for us right now. By no means does that mean give up on Wilson. But he has to earn starting. Cousins and RG3 is all I have to say. Not saying White is Cousins and Wilson is RG3. But sometimes you have to take away the draft investment and just play who makes you a better team. And we look A LOT better when White is at QB than Wilson.

I agree. I hated that we benched him after the Bills game. I don't care about the draft position at all. I don't want to hear about Wilson until he can beat Mike. Mike should start as we continue to build the team. Wilson can take over when he actually beat someone. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree. I hated that we benched him after the Bills game. I don't care about the draft position at all. I don't want to hear about Wilson until he can beat Mike. Mike should start as we continue to build the team. Wilson can take over when he actually beat someone. 

I mean he’s gotta play to prove that. We’re a 2 win team, he’s a rookie. He’s bad atm but the only way to get better is to play.