49ers’ WR Deebo Samuel expected to miss 1-2 weeks with a strained groin

RaidersAreOne

Sounds about right. They said it was minor. Going to be a rough beat for that second game against the Bengals. Hoping we dont' need him for the Seahawks, but Wilson could have beat us regardless of Deebo playing or not. He seems all the time anyway. 

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In the past 2 weeks he has 2 catches for 27 yards. They're using him a lot more as a RB recently than a WR.

He is still taking the majority of his snaps at WR. He plays maybe 10-15 plays at RB, out of 70ish plays, when the niners are running the ball 40 times a game the last three weeks 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

It does bring up a good question of whether it is wise to treat your 1000 yard WR as a RB

I don't think that's really fair it's not like they are rushing him up the gut. It's reverses, outside runs and whatnot. Not exceedingly different than giving him a ton of screen plays, just Jimmy doesn't get stats for it. Like do the defensive tackles ever hit him? A LB might, but it seems he usually is breaking it outside against a DB when he gets rushing touches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

It does bring up a good question of whether it is wise to treat your 1000 yard WR as a RB

He's had these issues long before this. He's a sucker for some soft tissue injuries and injuries in general.  I've seriously spent the last two years yelling in the 49er forum about doing yoga lol.

Whether or not this type of usage will exacerbate that is certainly fair to say (I would suppose it depends on total usage, hits, touches, etc), though I don't think this specific instance can be attributed to lining up as a running back. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

That’s a fair question, but Deebo’s injury isn’t an example of this. Watch the play where he is injured - it’s a non-contact injury that’s very probably not related to body fatigue. (Especially because our defense basically never hit him yesterday. More like… a lot of light shoving him from the side and back.)

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seriously. At this point he's not a WR. He has like 7 catches over the past 3 or so weeks and all of his touchdowns I think are rushes.

DK Metcalf has 8 catches over the past 3 weeks and no receiving touchdowns or any touchdowns at all for that matter 

Does that mean he's not a WR or nah 

• Like 1