Panthers fire OC Joe Brady

RaidersAreOne

On 12/6/2021 at 6:58 AM, RUGmen said:

Weren’t people last year praising Rhule even during the season? And even for sometime this season? How the tables have turned.

Sam Darnold will do that to you.  Shocking that it took as long for him to do that to Adam Gase - though that was kind of a circular firing squad going on with Gase and Darnold.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Jacksonville is a bigger 1. 

At least they have Lawrence and a semblence of a plan. Whether said plan works remains to be seen.

Carolina has practically no draft picks next season, no quarterback and their HC looks to be a dud.

7 minutes ago, biggie. said:

At least they have Lawrence and a semblence of a plan. Whether said plan works remains to be seen.

Carolina has practically no draft picks next season, no quarterback and their HC looks to be a dud.

We cleaned the house for the most part after alienating ngakoue and Ramsey.   

We are now alienating arguebly our best offensive guy at this time(it's not Lawrence).  James Robinson in back to back weeks has had 2 fumbles in 2 weeks and was benched twice for 15+ plays each time.  This past game ended with Carlos Hyde getting more touches then him. 

James Robinson is a very humble chill guy but he's starting to get upset about his lack of touches. 

Urban's response to the media questioning the benching and he's basically saying I'm not gonna micromanage any of the position coaches

On 12/6/2021 at 8:13 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Yup, Tepper is just throwing money and draft capital at things hoping to fix it. He's making some egregious decisions.

Brady will have great success elsewhere- talking about a scape goat. 

I do wonder who is making these QB decisions, because it sure wasn't Brady

It does feel like Tepper has made these choices.

I still maintain they should have just drafted Fields. I think they assumed the niners/falcons would take fields, or that if they didn't get a QB that some other team would trade up in front of them, so they made the move too early. The jets were never keeping Darnold. They didnt need to make that deal early.

Would have been fine to sit Fields behind Darnold for a year, who cares. 

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I don't even think I'd limit it to OC postings.  I could see a mid-tier D1 program or a not-anymore program trying to claw back toward prominence looking at him as a HC if he shows at least remote promise as a recruiter or network of recruiters.  Oregon as a replacement for Cristobal could be an option (particularly if he was able to reach out to his old boss Orgeron (even setting aside the great tongue-twister of "Orgeron for Oregon") as part of his staff.

I have heard multiple times that Brady isnt a fan of recruiting. 

He wont call plays in the NFL next year, so if thats something he wants to do, he may not have a choice

16 hours ago, N4L said:

I do wonder who is making these QB decisions, because it sure wasn't Brady

It does feel like Tepper has made these choices.

I still maintain they should have just drafted Fields. I think they assumed the niners/falcons would take fields, or that if they didn't get a QB that some other team would trade up in front of them, so they made the move too early. The jets were never keeping Darnold. They didnt need to make that deal early.

Would have been fine to sit Fields behind Darnold for a year, who cares. 

From what I've read and what feels like is the case

Rhule is the man in control.  Tepper offers his input in how he'd like the team to be ran, but won't make Rhule do anything he doesn't want to do.  

Rhule and Hurney decided on Bridgewater because of his familiarity with Joe Brady.  Nobody really knows who wanted to move on from Cam the most, feels like it was a group decision.  So Brady didn't pick Bridgewater himself but his hiring is the reason we went in that direction.

Darnold was almost certainly all Rhule.  

It was actually reported that Tepper (or someone higher-up, maybe not necessarily Tepper... but probably Tepper) wanted Fields, and it was Rhule and/or our scouts who convinced him that it wasn't the best decision to make.

Edited by iknowcool