Nick Bosa

Hunter2_1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I think he's in the MG & Watt tier, but I'm biased. 

He's likely just as good as those two but the difference is they have the body of work that Nick does not at this point...Not his fault as he was hurt last season but he was great as a rookie and even better now. I'd put him #3 at the moment behind Watt/Garrett (any order).

On 12/13/2021 at 2:06 PM, SFrush said:

1)Garrett - Has the most freakish combination of athleticism, speed and power

2)N.Bosa Best hands and can rush from both sides

3)Watt

Watt is way better than Bosa.

There's Garrett.  Then a huge gap.  Followed by Watt.  Then another gap.

6 hours ago, VanS said:

Watt is way better than Bosa.

There's Garrett.  Then a huge gap.  Followed by Watt.  Then another gap.

How is he way better?  Statistically N.Bosa is being double teamed this season way more than Watt.

Edited by SFrush
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SFrush said:

How is he way better?  Statistically N.Bosa is being double teamed this season way more than Watt.

Look at Watt's history...he's a pretty special dude. He also plays a different role within the defense which requires him to do other things. As a pass rusher, I believe that Bosa is in the same tier as Watt and MG, though as @J-ALL-DAY said, he doesn't quite have the history yet, and production wise those guys have been slightly better. I don't think it's a knock, though I think the "AINEC" and "Waaaaaaay better" usage is just overused in a general sense. 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, Hopper15 said:

Nick Bosa dominating with a lot less talent around him than Watt.

Oh yeah... That Steelers Front 7 talent of Chris Wormley (so good he was traded in division), legendary backup Isaiah Buggs, legendary practice squader Henry Moundeaux, former Saints Practice Squader Montravius Adams, and Taco Charlton (enough said). The only other quality defender he's had in his front 7 has been Heyward. And I really hope you don't mean the Defense as a whole either. Stop the cap.

For me personally, and I admit I am biased, I have TJ Watt on his own tier. He's consistent, won the edge triple crown  last year, and if healthy all season probably breaks the sack record this year.

As much as I think Bosa's rookie season was drastically overrated, I probably put him at number two. I am curious why he doesn't get the same hype as Myles Garrett. I would argue Bosa is having a better year than Garrett but nobody discusses him because Garrett had one big game against the Bears and everyone wanted him to be DPoTY to live up to some billing that is always given to him for some reason...

1. Watt

2. Bosa

3. Garrett

4. J. Bosa

5. M. Crosby

On 12/15/2021 at 5:20 AM, SFrush said:

If you're going to use Seth's data and research perhap use it all? Like the player heat maps which show why Watt isn't double teamed at that clip; he often lines up wide (between a 7 and 9). Having a near 20% double rate despite lining up so wide so frequently is ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

For me personally, and I admit I am biased, I have TJ Watt on his own tier. He's consistent, won the edge triple crown  last year, and if healthy all season probably breaks the sack record this year.

As much as I think Bosa's rookie season was drastically overrated, I probably put him at number two. I am curious why he doesn't get the same hype as Myles Garrett. I would argue Bosa is having a better year than Garrett but nobody discusses him because Garrett had one big game against the Bears and everyone wanted him to be DPoTY to live up to some billing that is always given to him for some reason...

1. Watt

2. Bosa

3. Garrett

4. J. Bosa

5. M. Crosby

I'd sooner put Watt on his own tier than Garrett, so I don't think you're out in left field or anything. 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:42 AM, BigTrav said:

He’s great. Also got him top 5 now. 

some sort of combo of Watt, Garrett, Jones, Jones, Joey, Nick, maybe Gregory

I am blanking who is Jones? Chandler? Who else is it because my brain is only saying Deacon and obviously that's not it.