Tua Tagovailoa vs Mac Jones

WizeGuy

I've been very impressed with both of these players. Mac has all the spotlight on him because he's on a very good team, playing great for a rookie, and has possibly the greatest coach of all time coaching him, but Tua has really shown a lot of growth this year. Tua seems to process defenses well, he's accurate, and he gets the ball out incredibly fast. Mac Jones does all those things well, too, but I'm not sure he gets the ball out quite as quickly, though he seems to have a stronger arm (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) 

So, who do you think will be the better QB? 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

I've been very impressed with both of these players. Mac has all the spotlight on him because he's on a very good team, playing great for a rookie, and has possibly the greatest coach of all time coaching him, but Tua has really shown a lot of growth this year. Tua seems to process defenses well, he's accurate, and he gets the ball out incredibly fast. Mac Jones does all those things well, too, but I'm not sure he gets the ball out quite as quickly, though he seems to have a stronger arm (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) 

So, who do you think will be the better QB? 

Teams Miami has beaten during their streak: Houston, Baltimore, Jets, Carolina, Giants

We haven't exactly played a murderer's row either, but we didn't just play a bunch of joke teams.

Tua started his 17th game yesterday. Based on the new NFL season length, he won't be a Year 2 guy til the 18th game in a couple weeks. It's been a rough 17 games of horrible O-line performance with Tua getting crushed constantly. Broken ribs and stuff. 

Thinking the Fins will spend big money to bring in some FA o-line guys for next year to protect Tua so he can develop even more. He's the franchise guy and nicely accurate. Not the strongest arm but definitely accurate. 

Jones has been a bright spot this season, playing so smart and doesn't seem fazed by the NFL transition. Must be nice to have a good O-line and decent run game, hmph. 

44 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Teams Miami has beaten during their streak: Houston, Baltimore, Jets, Carolina, Giants

We haven't exactly played a murderer's row either, but we didn't just play a bunch of joke teams.

Your wins this season have been the Jets x2, Houston, Chargers, Carolina, Cleveland, Atlanta, and a depleted Tennessee team.

Outside of the Chargers & Ravens, I'm not sure either team can claim to have any impressive wins.

• Like 2

Dunno, let's ask someone who played with both...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934351-jaylen-waddle-sides-with-devonta-smith-chooses-mac-jones-over-tua-tagovailoa#:~:text=Jaylen Waddle Sides with DeVonta Smith%2C Chooses Mac Jones over Tua Tagovailoa,-Jenna Ciccotelli Invalid&text=Mac Jones got another vote,this time from Jaylen Waddle.&text=He concluded his Alabama career,the Dolphins as the No.

In all seriousness, it's hard to compare right now. Mac has a better OL and coaching set up, Tua probably has better receivers. Both have good defenses. Mac seems more risk averse or has fewer 'WTF' plays...he only has about 3 of those so far. Tua has made some throws that are bafflingly bad. Tua is far more athletic and is a dual threat, something Mac will never bring. Both seem to take what the D gives, which is all you can ask for

Reverse teams and Mac looks worse than Tua and Tua looks just as good as Mac. The Patriot Offense is the most traditional QB friendly scheme in the league. Tua is still a smart QB and has better tools than Mac across the board outside of pocket presence. 

You are as good as your OC. 

• Like 2