2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

"Thank you for joining us for tonight's Monday Night Football contest between the Bears and Packers here at Bet Rivers Stadium at Amazon Field!"

Sounds about right...with the legalization of gambling in more states the money in the NFL is about to sky rocket.

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don’t think it would be any crazier than any of the others we could see take over…Jeff Bezos makes the most sense no doubt and his wealth is in such a league that it would take this franchise to the realms of the Cowboys in terms of valuation once the new stadium is built…

I think we should keep a close eye on who is in on the Broncos…not many people in the world with the funds to afford an NFL franchise…potentially one of the people passed up for that could be a strong contender for us.

I wonder if Bezos would be eliminated from contention because of the Amazon deal for Thursday Night Football.

I honestly don't know...but it does seem like it should.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The NFL would probably not allow it similarly to the MLB, but Mark Cuban becoming the owner of the Bears would send me to the ER with a 4 hour erection

200.gif

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Bowlens are not being forced to sell, they are choosing to sell, again bc the family wants to realize the asset and they don't have sentimental ties to the team.

One of his daughters desperately wanted to keep them team. She was  pretty much shut down by the family trust and the NFL.

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The NFL would probably not allow it similarly to the MLB, but Mark Cuban becoming the owner of the Bears would send me to the ER with a 4 hour erection

You are not allowed to own a team in any sport in another NFL market. He would have to sell the Mavs or transfer them to someone else like Kroenke.

Pay Ryan will likely buy out whatever the McCaskeys sell and become the majority owner. My guess is Neil Bluhm will buy in on a strong minority stake.

Which is great news as those 2 are worth like 13 billion combined and shouldn’t need to use the team to finance a new stadium.

• Like 1

Derailing the FA thread here a little but one guy I would be massively interested in buying us would be Steve Ballmer...yes his sports experience comes in basketball but everything I have read about him says he is really respected as an owner and isn't too overbearing which is one thing we don't want from an owner.

49 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Sounds about right...with the legalization of gambling in more states the money in the NFL is about to sky rocket.

It's actually not too far fetched, BetRivers is already a Bears partner, and their parent company is Churchill Downs, current owner of Arlington Park.  It would probably be reversed though, Amazon Field at BetRivers stadium.  Or maybe BetRivers Stadium inside George S Halas Entertainment Park of Arlington Heights.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pay Ryan will likely buy out whatever the McCaskeys sell and become the majority owner. My guess is Neil Bluhm will buy in on a strong minority stake.

Which is great news as those 2 are worth like 13 billion combined and shouldn’t need to use the team to finance a new stadium.

Ryan has right of first refusal, but I could see a deal being cut by the NFL to bring in a diverse majority owner.

Is it weird that we have zero details on the offer to Bates? There aren’t a lot of RFA offers league-wide but I remember this stuff all being public in the past. I know the last time we offered a RFA (TE Josh Hill, who was matched by NO) all of that info was immediately out there. Same when we didn’t match the NO offer on Cam Meredith. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Is it weird that we have zero details on the offer to Bates? There aren’t a lot of RFA offers league-wide but I remember this stuff all being public in the past. I know the last time we offered a RFA (TE Josh Hill, who was matched by NO) all of that info was immediately out there. Same when we didn’t match the NO offer on Cam Meredith. 

It is a little weird. I am not sure why the Bills haven’t said anything. They know the number they would go to and they know what the Bears offer.

I think that they may be dragging it out as a passive aggressive FU to the. Bears for stealing they RFA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I would guess it is down to the franchises themselves to put out that information and they are under no obligation to do so until the deal is signed one way or the other...we still have to wait till Tuesday to find out what will happen but my hope is with who the Bills have signed this offseason (Saffold & Mancz) they are prepared to move on from Bates and we have made a good enough offer to force that because from the games I have watched (NE & Jets) he would be a quality fit in this scheme.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would guess it is down to the franchises themselves to put out that information and they are under no obligation to do so until the deal is signed one way or the other...we still have to wait till Tuesday to find out what will happen but my hope is with who the Bills have signed this offseason (Saffold & Mancz) they are prepared to move on from Bates and we have made a good enough offer to force that because from the games I have watched (NE & Jets) he would be a quality fit in this scheme.

Rumor has it that Bates will be a Bear. 

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is a little weird. I am not sure why the Bills haven’t said anything. They know the number they would go to and they know what the Bears offer.

I think that they may be dragging it out as a passive aggressive FU to the. Bears for stealing they RFA

Agree. Usually when teams are matching they announce it pretty quickly. 

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

They might pull the spiteful ahole role. Hope another option or two gets signed by another team and then match at the last second. 

I'd respect the level of petty to do it honestly. 🤣