2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Sure. Whatever.

I was wondering what your response would be to that nugget. 😁

The point of the Mack trade was to jettison a declining player with a massive salary.

Converting to a 4-3 is also going to take some work. That's just how it goes. 

Do you think Ryan Pace was a good GM?

No Pace was brutal.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I had really hoped we would be more aggressive in building around Fields. I thought that was the point of the Mack trade.

That was your own misinterpretation then.  The Mack trade was probably about adding draft capital more than anything, and about understanding you can't be paying 2 guys elite pass rusher money.  I went into the offseason expecting either Mack or Quinn to get traded, so I saw it coming.  It didn't mean Defense doesn't matter, it didn't mean the Bears were going to super aggressive on the first 2 days of FA.  It was simply a smart move for a team looking to build in the draft with a limited amount of capital, and could start to clear the books for 2023.  If you read more into it than that, that's a you problem unfortunately.  You may want to adjust your expectations accordingly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Here is what I have heard from someone who has some connections

-JuJu wants 12-14/season and is holding firm.

-The Bears have connected with Tretters agent.

-Armstead is waiting on Deshaun

-Finalist for MVS

I would have no problem giving Juju 12-14 per on a 3 year deal.  The Christian Kirk deal really is going to change the WR market.  

As I said before I would sign Trettor probably to a 2 year deal.

Don't want Armstead, mainly bc I want to run Jenkins and Borom out there and see what we got, personally I think we have a pair of OTs for 10 years.  

And I'm OK with bringing in MVS for cheap as a 3/4 to timeshare with the rookie.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I would have no problem giving Juju 12-14 per on a 3 year deal.  The Christian Kirk deal really is going to change the WR market.  

As I said before I would sign Trettor probably to a 2 year deal.

Don't want Armstead, mainly bc I want to run Jenkins and Borom out there and see what we got, personally I think we have a pair of OTs for 10 years.  

And I'm OK with bringing in MVS for cheap as a 3/4 to timeshare with the rookie.

Borom and Jenkins is a big risk. If Dalton was standing back there I would have no issue with it.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Borom and Jenkins is a big risk. If Dalton was standing back there I would have no issue with it.

Is it really tho?  Borom more than held his own against a who's who of pass rushers and it took a single game and a half for him to take the starting spot and never really look back.  

Jenkins you can call a risk, but I think he is everything Poles said he was looking for.  He fits athletically very well on the left side and he has a bona-fide mean streak.  I'll take my chances to get a full season look at him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No. I don’t care about the defense at all.

All I care about is getting the OL sorted out.

That doesn't answer my question. 

They're transitioning to a 4-3. And thank the football gods for that. That transition takes some thought, and resources, as well. But they'll be far better off as a team once they establish a good 4-3. I've harped about that for years now. Running a 3-4 in today's game is simply not very smart. 

As to the offense--just because they didn't run out and sign Armstead, doesn't mean the O line won't be better. If we have a **** show come Opening Day, I'll be concerned. But right now, things are proceeding in a reasonable way. The hope is that this continues. 

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Moses would have been a nice cheap addition.

You really don’t care who it would be as long as it says OL next to their name DJ you?

Moses is no where close to the type of lineman needed for this offense. And I actually really like him, but not at all for this new style offense 

I think what is clear is Poles is targeting the traditional "Cover 2" Roles...

Penetrating UT and speedy run and hit LB...

The most important thing from both these players? Impact Plays...

Larry Ogunjobi in 2021...

43 Total Tackles

7 Sacks

16 QB Hits

41 Total QB pressures

12 TFL

20 Total Run Stops

Nicholas Morrow in 2020…

78 Total Tackles

3 Sacks

6 QB Hits

8 TFL