The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

what?

Not let*

as in he gets a draft where he can finally use picks to fill out his vision and we don’t let him use them when he had to deal with us losing draft position for this opportunity 

and 

whos the hot coach your gonna bring in?

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Not let*

as in he gets a draft where he can finally use picks to fill out his vision and we don’t let him use them when he had to deal with us losing draft position for this opportunity 

and 

whos the hot coach your gonna bring in?

fill out his vision? Have we even seen glimpses or ideas of his visions? Watching the Browns every week since the Browns have hired Hue, I have not gotten a feel of what he truly wants to do. He loves to talk about running the ball but he has no idea what he wants to do, if he is going to be a ZBS or RBS or hell if he is going to even run the ball. Some games he comes out throwing nothing but short stuff and others he wants kizer attacking downfield every time. Last year he has 3 QBs. RGIII, McCown, and Kessler. Guys will all completely skill sets. This year he takes the QB who started 8 games and makes him inactive during that. It seems like Hue is taking crap and throwing it at the wall and is seeing what sticks. Hell and then you add in the McCarron fiasco where he tries to get the team to drastically over pay for him. Could of traded for him during last off season but instead of going after him he rather try and figure out Brock, who wasted about 3-5weeks worth of valuable time and coaching that could of been spent else where. There has not been a whole lot of positive for Hue. Like I said before, I didnt have the greatest expectations for Hue because I understood the situation he was going to be put in but he has looked even worse.

Jacksonville was one of the bottom teams in the league at defending the run. Yes, they have improved since trading for Darieus, but the fact that we ran the ball only 18 total times in a close game, with a cold QB and windy snowy conditions is absurd. Everyone acted like Fournette killed us. He had a few really good runs, but he ran almost 30 times. If Crowell isn't running well, why doesn't Hue run Duke? This L was on Kizer, but it was also on Hue for not adjusting and not trying to change it up in the running game. 

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Jacksonville was one of the bottom teams in the league at defending the run. Yes, they have improved since trading for Darieus, but the fact that we ran the ball only 18 total times in a close game, with a cold QB and windy snowy conditions is absurd. Everyone acted like Fournette killed us. He had a few really good runs, but he ran almost 30 times. If Crowell isn't running well, why doesn't Hue run Duke? This L was on Kizer, but it was also on Hue for not adjusting and not trying to change it up in the running game. 

Crowell was averaging 1.6 ypc.  How many more attempts do you give a guy who is completely ineffective? Comparing this to the attempts of a guy who averaged 4 YPC is absurd.

Maybe Duke should get more carries, but it's hard to take him out of the slot as our receivers are just as atrocious as Crowell. Perhaps Dayes needs some touches as well, can't be any worse.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Crowell was averaging 1.6 ypc.  How many more attempts do you give a guy who is completely ineffective? Comparing this to the attempts of a guy who averaged 4 YPC is absurd.

Maybe Duke should get more carries, but it's hard to take him out of the slot as our receivers are just as atrocious as Crowell. Perhaps Dayes needs some touches as well, can't be any worse.

Was it Crowell being ineffective, the play calls or the OL being ineffective, or some or all of the above?

I cannot remember a game except the last against PIT last year when Hue committed to the run.

Certainly not today.

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m convinced Crowells vision is garbage. He had a chance to break a few runs and decided he liked the olines butt better. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't care who runs the football, but run the football. 17 of Fournette's 28 rush attempts went for 3 or fewer yards. Fournette had 22 yards on those 17 carries and had 89 yards on his other 11 carries. How about trying to run when Darieus is not on the field? How about running away from the strength of the defense? 

As for the Duke comment, I get your reasoning, as it makes sense, but it doesn't make sense the way the team uses him, because we don't target him enough. Duke had 8 total targets in the football game. If he was getting 12 pass targets a game, which honestly should be happening, that would make sense. As it is, he is our best weapon offensively, and he is rarely used. 

How about Njoku getting one target today? 

I'd love to see Dayes get some meaningful time. But no matter what we decide, not running the football in a non-blowout game is a terrible game plan for Hue. If you have Tom Brady you can win football games abandoning the run. Hell we don't even have Tom Savage for a QB right now. 

On 11/14/2017 at 10:19 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure what I'd think of Gruden.  He's had success but he's been out the game a while now...

And he has a terrible judge of talent. If you have seen his predraft stuff he loves guys that often turn out to be horrible.

I remember he absolutly gushed over Paul Perkins pre draft and said he was going to become the next big thing and anyteam that doesnt take him will be making a mistake.

Possibly, they are tanking the season in order to get Darnold, so they are deliberately losing games to ensure getting the #1 overall pick??? Would make a lot of sense if they all do not get fired??? After all, it made zero sense to start Kizer in game 1, even top picked QB's often get 6-8 games on the bench to get used to the speed of the NFL. It all seems a bit strange to me, but we will never know, since we would forfeit our #1 overall pick, if the league could prove it, so it will forever remain a total secret.

6 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't care who runs the football, but run the football. 17 of Fournette's 28 rush attempts went for 3 or fewer yards. Fournette had 22 yards on those 17 carries and had 89 yards on his other 11 carries. How about trying to run when Darieus is not on the field? How about running away from the strength of the defense? 

As for the Duke comment, I get your reasoning, as it makes sense, but it doesn't make sense the way the team uses him, because we don't target him enough. Duke had 8 total targets in the football game. If he was getting 12 pass targets a game, which honestly should be happening, that would make sense. As it is, he is our best weapon offensively, and he is rarely used. 

How about Njoku getting one target today? 

I'd love to see Dayes get some meaningful time. But no matter what we decide, not running the football in a non-blowout game is a terrible game plan for Hue. If you have Tom Brady you can win football games abandoning the run. Hell we don't even have Tom Savage for a QB right now. 

As far as Crowell, if he could have sprinkled in a few decent bursts the way Fournette did, I'm certain they'd have given him more carries. I think Hue has a pretty good history of running the football in both Oak and Cin, if he can, he will. 

I agree Duke needs touches, no argument there.

Njoku? Idk, I think he has all the talent in the world, and may be great, but rookie TE's rarely do much and his hands have been suspect.  I'm not that mad tbh.

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

And he has a terrible judge of talent. If you have seen his predraft stuff he loves guys that often turn out to be horrible.

I remember he absolutly gushed over Paul Perkins pre draft and said he was going to become the next big thing and anyteam that doesnt take him will be making a mistake.

His predraft stuff???

He mostly says positive stuff, highlights what they do well.  Maybe on his qb show he'll give a nugget or two of constructive criticism, but for the most part he "gushes" about everyone. I'm not sure what you're supposed to take away from that?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His predraft stuff???

He mostly says positive stuff, highlights what they do well.  Maybe on his qb show he'll give a nugget or two of constructive criticism, but for the most part he "gushes" about everyone. I'm not sure what you're supposed to take away from that?

Yeah he won’t kill QBs on that show. If he did they wouldn’t go on it 

Archived