The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I agree, we make some of the dumbest penalties, which can be attributed to youth, but part of me would think how would Tomlin or Belichick would have dealt with these situations?

Hard to say, Tomlin has always had a veteran team, so has the hoodie for the most part.

9 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

1. In most winning organizations, the HC is hired by the GM.  Hue was hired by Jimmy, even though Sashi was already here.  Hue reports to Jimmy, not Sashi.  They are not tied together in the traditional sense.

There has to be some improvement in the organizational flow once Hue leaves for this to work.  That means Jimmy taking himself out of the day to day operations of the team, which probably won't happen.

2.  That is true.  No GM is going to go forward with a coach that has a .041 winning percentage with the team.

The only way the process can continue to move forward is letting Sashi hire a HC like every other successful organization does.  Let the manager manage, and the coach coach.  And find someone that can evaluate the QB position.

P.S.  McCloughan likes Baker Mayfield over the entire potential draft class of QBs.  I'm inclined to agree.

Yep - Lerner did the same thing when he hired Mangini without having a GM on board. I wish to God Haslam would take himself out of the day to day operations, but it will definitely never happen. I think he needs to give this crew another year to see if their rebuild plan starts to bear fruit, and if not, get rid of Sashi and Hue, and hire a strong football guy as President or GM who then hires the coach.

Singletary laid the foundation to the 49ers run, they were soft and whiney, I guarantee you ask guys like Vernon Davis and others from that team, they all appreciated the tough love they received from him. I like Hue a lot but he Is just too nice for my taste. THAT IS NOT AFC NORTH, sorry for the mini rant. Continue 

12 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

1. In most winning organizations, the HC is hired by the GM.  Hue was hired by Jimmy, even though Sashi was already here.  Hue reports to Jimmy, not Sashi.  They are not tied together in the traditional sense.

There has to be some improvement in the organizational flow once Hue leaves for this to work.  That means Jimmy taking himself out of the day to day operations of the team, which probably won't happen.

2.  That is true.  No GM is going to go forward with a coach that has a .041 winning percentage with the team.

The only way the process can continue to move forward is letting Sashi hire a HC like every other successful organization does.  Let the manager manage, and the coach coach.  And find someone that can evaluate the QB position.

P.S.  McCloughan likes Baker Mayfield over the entire potential draft class of QBs.  I'm inclined to agree.

That is the problem I see. If they part ways with Hue, I don't see any viable coach candidate knocking on the door saying let me come coach for that guy. Now that said, Haslam could hire an actual GM, such as McCloughan to be that role, have Sashi just be his EVP role, and Scot can hire who he wants. I'd love to get Darrell Bevell in this case. 

3 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

That is the problem I see. If they part ways with Hue, I don't see any viable coach candidate knocking on the door saying let me come coach for that guy. Now that said, Haslam could hire an actual GM, such as McCloughan to be that role, have Sashi just be his EVP role, and Scot can hire who he wants. I'd love to get Darrell Bevell in this case. 

I like.  I am a Sashi guy & want him to stay and work out all the financials/trades--A++ thus far in my opinion.  We add Sashi's ability with McLoughan's ability to identify talent & we have something amazing.  Oh, and yeah, we're gonna have to dump Hue--don't see how it can be any other way.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To me it's not a question of talent, Hue has talent to work with, it's youth and inexperience.

Generally speaking youth doesn't win in pro sports.  Kinda hard to hand the guy the youngest roster in the league and expect much IMO.

We need more second contract players, those are the guys you win with.

I agree with this.  Having better athletes than most teams doesnt mean much to me.

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Talent doesn't develop in 8 weeks, especially at qb.

This stuff takes some time.

Generally speaking, very young teams don't win in pro sports.

I was never expecting the team to be winning but I thought we would see better growth or at least gameplan and schemes tailored to the youth. The most experienced aspect of the Browns is RB and OL so commit to the run. Hue doesn’t do that, like he looks towards being able to abandon the run. Yesterday was the first game they were truly committed to running the ball and it was the best the team looked. 4th quarter down by 7 he thought the browns shouldn’t run the ball anymore and it was head scratching 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I was never expecting the team to be winning but I thought we would see better growth or at least gameplan and schemes tailored to the youth. The most experienced aspect of the Browns is RB and OL so commit to the run. Hue doesn’t do that, like he looks towards being able to abandon the run. Yesterday was the first game they were truly committed to running the ball and it was the best the team looked. 4th quarter down by 7 he thought the browns shouldn’t run the ball anymore and it was head scratching 

Most games Crowell has looked liked arse.

How many 0-2 yard gains can you have and still keep running it? It's hard to run it consistently when you're behind the sticks.

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Most games Crowell has looked liked arse.

How many 0-2 yard gains can you have and still keep running it? It's hard to run it consistently when you're behind the sticks.

true but its not like Hue ever tried to see if they could bust out of a rushing slump. It just seems like over the past two years, if the running game wasnt there early, that was it, no more rushing attack. Would never attempt to wear them down or to show that the running game is truly inefficient. I have heard Hue abandoning the run more than him running the ball too much when it was going no where. Worst part was with the running game was going strong yesterday but when Kessler comes in he wants to drop him back and pass with him.  

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

bye bye hue

gregg promoted to HC singletary hired to be DC

I won't buy it until @Mind Character puts him on his list.

On the serious tip:  This tells me we already have our next coach lined up and are looking to fill out his staff already.

Regardless, I commend the organization for being proactive and not waiting to get into a competitive situation with other teams.

If I had to guess, I would say that Gruden is done making Corona commercials.  He has been using the Haslam private jet for the last week.  Some speculation that he is in line to take over for Butch Jones in Tennessee, but Gruden has been adamant that he would not fit well into the NCAA guidelines.

8 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I won't buy it until @Mind Character puts him on his list.

On the serious tip:  This tells me we already have our next coach lined up and are looking to fill out his staff already.

Regardless, I commend the organization for being proactive and not waiting to get into a competitive situation with other teams.

If I had to guess, I would say that Gruden is done making Corona commercials.  He has been using the Haslam private jet for the last week.  Some speculation that he is in line to take over for Butch Jones in Tennessee, but Gruden has been adamant that he would not fit well into the NCAA guidelines.

Hmmmmm...Gruden?

Archived