Justin Fields or Zach Wilson?

notthatbluestuff

4 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Neither, but if I had to choose I'd go with Fields.  Wilson was much better coming out of college but in the NFL Fields closed that gap and did so against tougher opposition.  Momentum.

Fields did more against far stepper competition and had the physical upside Wilson lacked. It's just one of those things where GMs out smart themselves.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, Uncle Buck said:

It is way too early to make any decisions on either of them.  I'm holding out hope that both of them can develop into very good quarterbacks though.  We have to give these young guys time.

More importantly give them some talent on both sides of the ball. Fields got plenty of help from the special teams unit yesterday but the defense was atrocious and the offense line was somehow worse then the defense. 

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

Lol, wut

There are reasons why Zach Wilson went 2nd while Justin Fields waited until 11th.  Fields had been slightly better at Adjusted Completion rate (3rd versus 6th) and QBR (2nd vs 4th) but worse than Wilson in in all [nine] other QB categories, especially turnover worthy plays (2nd vs 20th fewest) and both deep (3rd vs 20th) and screen (18th vs 111th) pass yardage. 

2 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

There are reasons why Zach Wilson went 2nd while Justin Fields waited until 11th.  Fields had been slightly better at Adjusted Completion rate (3rd versus 6th) and QBR (2nd vs 4th) but worse than Wilson in in all [nine] other QB categories, especially turnover worthy plays (2nd vs 20th fewest) and both deep (3rd vs 20th) and screen (18th vs 111th) pass yardage. 

There are reasons why Trubisky went ahead of Mahomes too. They're just not very good reasons. 

To claim that Wilson was "much better coming out of college," is either hyperbole or a joke. 

Edited by malak1

I'm going to take Fields...but semi serious question...given how bad the Texans are, and given what Davis Mills looks like and comparing that to the Jets and what Wilson has looked like....is a comparison asking whether you'd have Wilson or Mills completely out of the question?