Which was the worse Super Bowl: XL (Pittsburgh/Seattle) or XLI (Indy/Chicago)

biggie.

XL is most notorious for the horrific officiating from BIll Leavy and his crew that was so bad he actually apologized for it. What gets forgotten is that neither team played particularly well. Roethlisberger's passer rating was lower than his age at the time.

XLI was a giant turnover fest (eight total) and Peyton won MVP despite his 81.8 passer rating was a Super Bowl record low at the time.

Which game was worse iyo?

Edited by biggie.

I thought the Indy/Chicago Super Bowl was a pretty entertaining game.  There were turnovers, but that was a big part of what Lovie Smith's Bears used to get a ton of turnovers, and the weather certainly contributed to that.  Devin Hester's opening kickoff return for a TD is one of the most memorable plays in Super Bowl history for me too.  Everyone knew it was possible, but we thought that the Colts would be keying in on stopping it that there was no way he could pull it off.  Then he goes and does it anyway.  Incredible!

For some reason, I don't really remember Super Bowl XL all that much.

Indy/Chi was just a disappointing game because neither team played all that well outside of should be Hall of Famer Devin Hester. Steelers vs Seahawks was just the ugliest and most awful refereed championship game I've still ever seen in real time. There was 0 enjoyment to be had unless you were a Steelers fans

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I thought the Indy/Chicago Super Bowl was a pretty entertaining game.  There were turnovers, but that was a big part of what Lovie Smith's Bears used to get a ton of turnovers, and the weather certainly contributed to that.  Devin Hester's opening kickoff return for a TD is one of the most memorable plays in Super Bowl history for me too.  Everyone knew it was possible, but we thought that the Colts would be keying in on stopping it that there was no way he could pull it off.  Then he goes and does it anyway.  Incredible!

For some reason, I don't really remember Super Bowl XL all that much.

I agree.  I remember both of these games.  Bears-Colts was more entertaining.  Both games were pretty sloppy.  Refereeing issues or not, the Seahawks-Steelers games was pretty boring.  

I don't think either of these games is the worst that I have seen, but that is not the discussion.  I think Bears-Colts was a better game.

• Like 3