Top 3 frustrations & top 3 positives on the season so far

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

When you say adversity EVERY year can you elaborate on that is it because it’s the Raiders and it’s a poorly run franchise ?.  For the record Im leaning toward rollin with Carr atleast for next year and re upping on weapons but the line is going to be issue

Kansas City's OL was absolutely cooked last year and they were able to rebuild a top tier unit within one off-season. They traded for Orlando Brown Jr, signed Thuney, and drafted Trey Smith/Creed Humphrey. In my opinion the only OL that we currently have who should be viewed as a sure fire starter next season is Kolton Miller. If we can upgrade at the other 4 spots we have to do it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and while he is by no means a perfect QB he has kept the wheels from falling off which very few QB's could do.  Can you imagine if we had Fields or Tua at QB?  This is a three/four win team with either of those guys behind center.  Carr has dealt with adversity every year of his career but this may be the worst of them all.  He was balling with Ruggs in the lineup and when we lost him it was very obvious that our O took a major step backwards.  

I think the biggest downfall of the Grudock era was that they had blind faith in the assistant coaches. We've seen it with Paul Guenther, Tom Cable, and Gus Bradley. With someone like Gus Bradley who has built one of the greatest defenses in NFL history, of course they should target players based on his feedback. But what have Tom Cable or Paul Guenther ever done in the NFL to suggest that they deserved the same input in our personnel decisions? We drafted and signed a ton of players because they fit Guenther's "scheme." And then trusted Tom Cable's ability to coach up a bunch of mid round, inexperienced players enough to just gut the entire OL in one off-season, lol.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kansas City's OL was absolutely cooked last year and they were able to rebuild a top tier unit within one off-season. They traded for Orlando Brown Jr, signed Thuney, and drafted Trey Smith/Creed Humphrey. In my opinion the only OL that we currently have who should be viewed as a sure fire starter next season is Kolton Miller. If we can upgrade at the other 4 spots we have to do it.

Let's not forget the Chargers as well. Added Feiler and Linsley in FA and Slater in the draft.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the biggest downfall of the Grudock era was that they had blind faith in the assistant coaches. We've seen it with Paul Guenther, Tom Cable, and Gus Bradley. With someone like Gus Bradley who has built one of the greatest defenses in NFL history, of course they should target players based on his feedback. But what have Tom Cable or Paul Guenther ever done in the NFL to suggest that they deserved the same input in our personnel decisions? We drafted and signed a ton of players because they fit Guenther's "scheme." And then trusted Tom Cable's ability to coach up a bunch of mid round, inexperienced players enough to just gut the entire OL in one off-season, lol.

The entire staff was an eye roll from the jump. Olson, Cable, Morton... working stiffs who didn't inspire much. Guenther was at least intriguing until he wasn't. 

Favorite coach was Ansley who was one and done and now coaching DBs in LA.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Let's not forget the Chargers as well. Added Feiler and Linsley in FA and Slater in the draft.

Yeah so it is possible to rebuild an offensive line in a single off-season. Unfortunately you can't do it by scraping the bottom of the barrel like Tom Cable tried to do.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The entire staff was an eye roll from the jump. Olson, Cable, Morton... working stiffs who didn't inspire much. Guenther was at least intriguing until he wasn't. 

Favorite coach was Ansley who was one and done and now coaching DBs in LA.

I just think that they really let the assistant coaches have too much input on our draft picks. Like we took Ferrell #4 overall because he fit the scheme and took Leatherwood a round too early because he was Tom Cable's favorite prospect in the draft. Like neither one of them has shown that their system is so effective that we should be taking less talented players who fit it over more talented players that supposedly do not. If we had the right coaches in place it may have worked though, I mean look at Gus Bradley. Basically every defensive player we brought in this off-season has played well because Gus is a very high level coach and knows what he needs for his scheme to work.

5 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

When you say adversity EVERY year can you elaborate on that is it because it’s the Raiders and it’s a poorly run franchise ?.  For the record Im leaning toward rollin with Carr atleast for next year and re upping on weapons but the line is going to be issue

Terrible HC's, O coordinator turnover, decades worst D, some of the worst running backs in the league (Martin/Lynch), absolutely atrocious WR corp YOY, a long list of draft pick busts, terrible FA signings....  I can list more if you like.  

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

RIP

“Three picks in the third is just like stealing,” said Mayock over a conference call Tuesday. “If we’re doing our jobs the right way, hopefully that’s three more starters. Could we move up to get one, could we move back to get one, between 20 and 60? Sure. Again, we’re running through every possible scenario that we could be looking at. . . So, it’s all going to depend on what happens while we’re on the clock during the draft.”

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Terrible HC's, O coordinator turnover, decades worst D, some of the worst running backs in the league (Martin/Lynch), absolutely atrocious WR corp YOY, a long list of draft pick busts, terrible FA signings....  I can list more if you like.  

Eh you could of just said poorly run franchise. I guess il leave it at that I try not to get too much into The Carr debate it’s certainly all over Twitter thanks to Rich Gannon

18 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Eh you could of just said poorly run franchise. I guess il leave it at that I try not to get too much into The Carr debate it’s certainly all over Twitter thanks to Rich Gannon

Having to deal with all of this on a yearly basis is adversity, is it not? 

Poorly run franchise is being kind, don't you think.?  After all this is the time of year for being kind. 

I can think of many other and more appropriate adjectives to describe how this franchise has been ran over the last 25 years :)