1.Renfrow

2.Defense

3.Fast start and Carr (5-2)

Negatives:

1. Ruggs and Gruden

2.Current collapse and Carr (1-5)

Player 3DAtt 3DConv 3D% 4DAtt 4DConv 4D% RZAtt RZTD RZPct
Team Stats 139 47 33.8 13 6 46.2 44 22 50.0

3.Seeing so many of the eventual issues before the season started but apparently the team did not.

Edited by drfrey13

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

Positives:

1.  Renfrow being Renfrow

2.  Ngakoue and Crosby

3.  Nate Hobbs

4.  D. Perryman

Negatives:

1.  Gruden and Ruggs

2.  Leatherwood

3.  Defense still trash.

4.  D. Waller, Incognito, D. Good, T. Mullen, N. Morrow injuries

1. Pass rush(including the interior)

2. Nate hobbs

3. Andre James actually being starter material after all

1. losing Gruden 

2. Carr reverting 

3. Leatherwood switching to guard after 4 weeks

Positives:

1. Gus Bradley seems to have made our D relevant. Still a long way to go but pass rush is night and day, coverage in the backfield is much, much better and many less communication issues and blown coverages.

2. Moehrig and Hobbs look like very good, long term ball players.

3. Beating Dallas and Baltimore, two excellent wins in high profile games against teams most thought we'd roll over to. 

Negatives:

1. Ruggs situation after shining very bright early. Just horrible and not just from a football perspective obviously.

2. Leatherwood looks like another potential bust or at best a very big reach. Not that we were expecting the OL to be great but they've been a let down even with low expectations. We all knew it really and we were all hoping that the FO knew what they were doing.........and it went as it usually does in that scenario. Predictable and frustrating.

3. When are we ever going to have the stability and support to actually see Carr's potential with our offence. I have a feeling he'll be a story of 'what might have been' having seen how promising things were early in the season and thinking that for once we might have a good, consistent year then to have it all ripped apart with frankly absurb things like Gruden and Ruggs. 

Edited by Darbsk

Positives: 

1. Losing Gruden.  He is a worthless HC

2. Finally getting decent pressure on the QB.    

That is all I have for the positives 

Negatives:

1.  Continuing to prove me right by being a dumpster fire organization.  A terrible HC/GM combo that will be remembered for wasted draft picks, terrible FA signings and very little depth at any position after years.  We are looking at a new HC/GM combo and most likely a near complete roster overhaul.  The pressure is on Mark Davis to hire the right GM/HC combo and if he fails you'll being seeing years more of me posting my favorite saying, "dumpster fire".  

2. Losing Ruggs (from a football prospective)

3.  Mark Davis

4. Oline, Running backs, WR's, LB's, CB's Safeties

5.  Mark Davis.  

6.  If he thinks that haircut is a good look, what makes anyone on here think that he will be able to evaluate and sign a good HC or GM?BNG-L-RAIDERS-0101-10.jpg

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 10:07 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Positives:

1. Overall defensive improvement and the young talent showing promise/potential. 

2. Hunter Renfrow's emergence 

3. The resilience of our team as a whole to have dealt with as much adversity as any team in the NFL and still be in playoff contention this late in the season 

Negatives:

1. OL has been a complete disaster 

2. Gruden's departure

3.Ruggs tragedy

On 12/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

4. Oline, Running backs, WR's

I used to be more of a Carr hater but I'm neutral now. Has Carr been perfect this season? Definitely not. But we've dealt with so much drama and chaos all season, particularly losing Ruggs/Gruden and Waller being hurt. Our offensive line is absolutely horrific, our WR's are terrible outside of Renfrow, and we cannot run the ball at all. And despite all of that Carr is having a very productive year and has kept us in so many games.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I used to be more of a Carr hater but I'm neutral now. Has Carr been perfect this season? Definitely not. But we've dealt with so much drama and chaos all season, particularly losing Ruggs/Gruden and Waller being hurt. Our offensive line is absolutely horrific, our WR's are terrible outside of Renfrow, and we cannot run the ball at all. And despite all of that Carr is having a very productive year and has kept us in so many games.

I agree and while he is by no means a perfect QB he has kept the wheels from falling off which very few QB's could do.  Can you imagine if we had Fields or Tua at QB?  This is a three/four win team with either of those guys behind center.  Carr has dealt with adversity every year of his career but this may be the worst of them all.  He was balling with Ruggs in the lineup and when we lost him it was very obvious that our O took a major step backwards.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and while he is by no means a perfect QB he has kept the wheels from falling off which very few QB's could do.  Can you imagine if we had Fields or Tua at QB?  This is a three/four win team with either of those guys behind center.  Carr has dealt with adversity every year of his career but this may be the worst of them all.  He was balling with Ruggs in the lineup and when we lost him it was very obvious that our O took a major step backwards.  

When you say adversity EVERY year can you elaborate on that is it because it’s the Raiders and it’s a poorly run franchise ?.  For the record Im leaning toward rollin with Carr atleast for next year and re upping on weapons but the line is going to be issue

Edited by SimonGruber
  • Like 2

Positives:

1. Ditching Gruden. 

2. Having a pass rush. Now if we could turn pressures into sacks...

3. Renfrow.

Negatives:

1. Our 2020 first rounders are gone and never coming back. It's not even 2022 yet. 

2. The lack of depth at positions really bit us, just as badly as many of us worried it would. WR and RB depth was horrible, and it's not much better at CB (we found a couple guys eventually, but look at the roster- a lot of bums there too). 

3. I'm hoping the Covid thing made a big impact on it, and it just so happened that 2021 was the year people flocked to Las Vegas to get out of the house, and that influenced a lot of the crowds. If not, 2021 becomes the year we realize that Vegas is not "home", just where we happen to reside. 

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Positives:

1. Ditching Gruden. 

3. Renfrow.

Negatives:

1. Our 2020 first rounders are gone and never coming back. It's not even 2022 yet. 

2. The lack of depth at positions really bit us, just as badly as many of us worried it would. WR and RB depth was horrible, and it's not much better at CB (we found a couple guys eventually, but look at the roster- a lot of bums there too). 

3. I'm hoping the Covid thing made a big impact on it, and it just so happened that 2021 was the year people flocked to Las Vegas to get out of the house, and that influenced a lot of the crowds. If not, 2021 becomes the year we realize that Vegas is not "home", just where we happen to reside. 

I suppose management tried to have depth at WR with the Snead and Smoky brown signings. It’s easier said than done. That’s where the Waller injury really was the cherry on top unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Positives:

1. Ditching Gruden. 

3. Renfrow.

Negatives:

I don't think the running back problem is the depth problem I think it's the starter is not actually playing well problem. i would say the depth are playing better than the starters

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I suppose management tried to have depth at WR with the Snead and Smoky brown signings. It’s easier said than done. That’s where the Waller injury really was the cherry on top unfortunately 

I mean, I sort of get that. 

That said, if Snead and Brown were a GM's realistic starting potential in 2021 were a single player to go down (or kill someone), shame on them.

Agholor was one thing- decent potential, young, never really fit with what Philadelphia was trying to do. But Brown and Snead were the definition of re-treads. Brown wanted out because of playing time, ffs, which means he was having trouble getting/staying ahead of Ruggs (understandable), Renfrow (understandable), and the other WRs (not remotely understandable). Considering he's bounced from Vegas to Denver to Jacksonville and done absolutely nothing, I wouldn't blame someone for arguing that his release was gladly granted because he's just not that good (something many here argued ad nauseam only to get drowned out by the "But he once had 1000 yards" retorts). 

Willie Snead hasn't offered anything in ages. 

They may have tried to address the problem, but my girlfriend once tried to fix a noisy belt in her car by using a stick of deodorant on it. Dumb moves are dumb moves, regardless of the intent. They tried plugging holes as cheaply as possible, and the results were typical of that approach. 

Edited by ronjon1990