Top 3 frustrations & top 3 positives on the season so far

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This is exactly what I am talking about.  SMH... 

Amari Cooper is still one of the best receivers in the league. He's not elite but how many receivers in the NFL are truly elite players? 

The last two seasons (not including this year):

Amari Cooper: 171 catches, 2,303 yards (13.4 ypc), 13 TD

AJ Brown: 122 catches, 2,125 yards (17.4 ypc), 19 TD

DK Metcalf: 141 catches, 2,203 yards (15.6 ypc), 17 TD 

Chris Godwin: 151 catches, 2,173 yards (14.3 ypc), 16 TD

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He's an average WR who is big bodied, has good hands and can help in the RZ.  He is only 24 and at 8 million I was willing to kick the tires.  

Was he ever going be our answer as a #1, no but he would have provided much needed depth and would certainly be an upgrade over Jones on the outside.  

JuJu is 6'1" 215, he's not that big. And he has one year of elite production which was an outlier because he was playing opposite of Antonio Brown. Over the last two seasons he has produced less then Hunter Renfrow. JuJu wouldn't have helped us on the outside, he has played almost exclusively in the slot.

In order to see what the Steelers would be missing with Smith-Schuster on the outside instead of in the slot, there has to be context added. First thing’s first, even a small drop in slot snaps would be significant for Smith-Schuster. He ran 88% of his total routes on the season from the slot alignment and his 513 routes run out the slot in 2020 led the NFL. He played almost exclusively in the slot position during the 2020 season and his 108 targets from the alignment led the NFL.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He's an average WR who is big bodied, has good hands and can help in the RZ.  He is only 24 and at 8 million I was willing to kick the tires.  

Was he ever going be our answer as a #1, no but he would have provided much needed depth and would certainly be an upgrade over Jones on the outside.  

So an average WR like tiktok sensation JuJu is worth 8 mill per year while averaging 8.6 YPC. But Amari Cooper, who ranks top ten in yards and TDs amongst all WRs since he's entered the league, is a fraud.

Okay bud.

Whats your boy Dorial Green Beckham up to nowadays?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

So an average WR like tiktok sensation JuJu is worth 8 mill per year while averaging 8.6 YPC. But Amari Cooper, who ranks top ten in yards and TDs amongst all WRs since he's entered the league, is a fraud.

Okay bud.

Renfrow has outproduced JuJu, lol.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah so it is possible to rebuild an offensive line in a single off-season. Unfortunately you can't do it by scraping the bottom of the barrel like Tom Cable tried to do.

Well, I wouldn't say scraping the barrell as we did use a first round pick, we just picked the wrong guy (though that might change of course over time). The injury to Good really harmed us and of course Incognito but that was semi predictable and Simpson has been a bit if a flip too. We spent resources, we just didn't do it very well.

7 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

7 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Okay bud.

I’m not a juju guy but isn’t part of it Big Ben and the routes the team has him run. ? 

Edited by SimonGruber
Double quoted

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Amari Cooper is still one of the best receivers in the league. He's not elite but how many receivers in the NFL are truly elite players? 

The last two seasons (not including this year):

Amari Cooper: 171 catches, 2,303 yards (13.4 ypc), 13 TD

AJ Brown: 122 catches, 2,125 yards (17.4 ypc), 19 TD

DK Metcalf: 141 catches, 2,203 yards (15.6 ypc), 17 TD 

Chris Godwin: 151 catches, 2,173 yards (14.3 ypc), 16 TD

Would you really be happy Cooper 20,000,000 year?

• Like 1

Just now, SimonGruber said:

I’m not a juju guy but isn’t part of it Big Ben and the routes the team has him run. ? 

Yea Big Bens decline certainly plays a role in it, but at the same time Chase Claypool has no problem averaging 16 ypc and Diontae Johnson at 12 ypc this year without JuJu.

JuJus claim to fame was that he had one very productive year playing across AB in his absolute prime. AB in his prime was probably a top ten WR of all time.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Okay bud.

He is absolutely a fraud.  Top 5 pick, paid 20 million per season and was traded for a 1st round pick.  No way he is back in Dallas after his contract is up unless he takes a massive pay cut.  I hope he ends up on a team like the Lions so we can see if he can produce as a stand alone #1 WR, no chance he can.... aka he's a fraud and is a complimentary piece.  

Good O'l DGB....  All of the talent in the world but didn't want it.  Just like I said, he had the skillset to be one of the best if he had the heart.  He didn't and busted out.  Never did I say we should have taken DBG in the 1st round though.  He was a filer who had elite talent that he wasted.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is absolutely a fraud.  Top 5 pick, paid 20 million per season and was traded for a 1st round pick.  No way he is back in Dallas after his contract is up unless he takes a massive pay cut.  I hope he ends up on a team like the Lions so we can see if he can produce as a stand alone #1 WR, no chance he can.... aka he's a fraud and is a complimentary piece.  

Good O'l DGB....  All of the talent in the world but didn't want it.  Just like I said, he had the skillset to be one of the best if he had the heart.  He didn't and busted out.  Never did I say we should have taken DBG in the 1st round though.  He was a filer who had elite talent that he wasted.  

When you pay Cooper you have to make sure you pay everyone else around him to otherwise he’s not gonna do anything. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Would you really be happy Cooper 20,000,000 year?

Exactly, the guy is a clown that just parrots stats and doesn't watch games.  1K yards his the barometer for a good WR and no sane person would pay Cooper close to 20 per.  hence why he hits the roads as soon as his contract is up unless he takes a massive pay cut. 

Cooper is a complimentary piece who has success against weaker CB's and disappears against better ones.  He is soft and has below average hands.  

Why the massive falloff in production this year?  The luster of his 1st round status has worn off and he may very well be the 3rd best WR on the Cowboys.  Lamb is certainly superior and many believe Gallop is a better WR.  

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

When you pay Cooper you have to make sure you pay everyone else around him to otherwise he’s not gonna do anything. 

Exactly.  It is quite apparent he can't find success on his own.  As soon as he leaves Dallas and his all star supporting cast he will continue to be exposed as a massive fraud who can't do it alone and disappears for weeks on end.  

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  It is quite apparent he can't find success on his own.  As soon as he leaves Dallas and his all star supporting cast he will continue to be exposed as a massive fraud who can't do it alone and disappears for weeks on end.  

So in reality the Cowboys gave up 20,000,000 and 2 first round picks(One for Cooper and one for cd lamb because they found out much sooner after Cooper got there that he’s not really a number one)

just for the record he had eight drops his last year at Alabama(so the drops were always a thing)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure...

[Dubow] #Raiders are 22-15 with Derek Carr at QB when allowing 20 points or fewer. The .595 win % in those games is worst of 47 QBs w/ more than 10 starts when team allowed 20 or fewer since 2014. Rest of NFL has .791 win % in those scenarios 

• Like 1