Top 3 frustrations & top 3 positives on the season so far

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

So in reality the Cowboys gave up 20,000,000 and 2 first round picks(One for Cooper and one for cd lamb because they found out much sooner after Cooper got there that he’s not really a number one)

just for the record he had eight drops his last year at Alabama(so the drops were always a thing)

Other side of the coin you are assuming that’s why they took Lamb or maybe they took him because he was BPA ? 

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

[Dubow] #Raiders are 22-15 with Derek Carr at QB when allowing 20 points or fewer. The .595 win % in those games is worst of 47 QBs w/ more than 10 starts when team allowed 20 or fewer since 2014. Rest of NFL has .791 win % in those scenarios 

Stop it with the facts.  Copper is not worth $20 million and Carr is not worth $30+ million.  Both players are over payed but that is what players at their positions are getting.  Speaking about Cooper and being streaky that is just the nature of the position and when you have other receivers that create a mismatch sometimes you will not see the targets.  One of the reasons why a WR is not worth $20 is that they are to dependent on other factors within a game.  I wish we could ask a DC which WR they are worried about when the play the Cowboys at full strength.  Maybe we can just look at who gets the #1 CB and extra coverage to their side.  I think that guys name is Cooper.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The luster of his 1st round status has worn off and he may very well be the 3rd best WR on the Cowboys.  Lamb is certainly superior and many believe Gallop is a better WR. 

Yep, If the three were available in FA this year then the order of preference would be Lamb, Gallup, Cooper. Arguably Cooper could be slightly better than Gallup but not at their respective costs (even with Gallup's new contract next year).

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

[Dubow] #Raiders are 22-15 with Derek Carr at QB when allowing 20 points or fewer. The .595 win % in those games is worst of 47 QBs w/ more than 10 starts when team allowed 20 or fewer since 2014. Rest of NFL has .791 win % in those scenarios 

Maybe that's because since 2014 we've been one of the very worst franchises over that span 😁

Also, isn't that 8 seasons inclusive, so that's like only 4 and a half games a year we're able to hold teams to 20 points 😔

43 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Stop it with the facts.  Copper is not worth $20 million and Carr is not worth $30+ million.  Both players are over payed but that is what players at their positions are getting.  Speaking about Cooper and being streaky that is just the nature of the position and when you have other receivers that create a mismatch sometimes you will not see the targets.  One of the reasons why a WR is not worth $20 is that they are to dependent on other factors within a game.  I wish we could ask a DC which WR they are worried about when the play the Cowboys at full strength.  Maybe we can just look at who gets the #1 CB and extra coverage to their side.  I think that guys name is Cooper.

Cooper had/has one of the best first 3 steps of any wr in the league imo top 5 even. crazy coop wanted 20. How much did we give Tyrell and ab? 

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Other side of the coin you are assuming that’s why they took Lamb or maybe they took him because he was BPA ? 

Remember the last game of the season the year before they took cd lamb they were playing against the eagles in a divisional game that would decide who will go to the playoffs and who wouldn’t. In that game Cooper was benched. That off-season they draft CD Lamb in the first round. This is despite the fact that they had another receiver Michael Gallup Who had 1100 yards that year.

Just consider that sequence of events 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe that's because since 2014 we've been one of the very worst franchises over that span 😁

Also, isn't that 8 seasons inclusive, so that's like only 4 and a half games a year we're able to hold teams to 20 points 😔

Carrs fumbles and pick 6’s unfortunately count as points also see nyg,Mia and philly games this year. So not only is our defense trying to stop the other team they’re trying to overcome Carr’s mistakes that end up as points 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carrs fumbles and pick 6’s unfortunately count as points also see nyg,Mia and philly games this year. So not only is our defense trying to stop the other team they’re trying to overcome Carr’s mistakes that end up as points 

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/18/espn-names-raiders-as-worst-defense-of-decade/

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Cooper had/has one of the best first 3 steps of any wr in the league imo top 5 even. crazy coop wanted 20. How much did we give Tyrell and ab? 

TW 4 yr $44 and AB 3 yr $50.  We give out stupid contracts.  

Cooper's issue that I have noticed is that he takes to long to setup the defender.  What he does is beautiful but many times the play is already over.  People criticizing his drop passes must be thinking only about his time with Carr who is among the league leaders in dropped passes every year.  When the players leave the drops do not happen as much.  He has had 19 drops with Dak (53 games 404 targets 4.7%) vs 33 with Carr (52 games 389 targets 8.5%).  Granted the numbers with Carr are skewed because Cooper in his rookie season dropped 16 passes.  Another reason why Cooper may have had more drops with Carr is because he would ignore Cooper for long stretches.  I do not believe this is acceptable but it could create issues for a young WR.  I still would not have given him $20 million but I would not have given AB or TW those contracts either.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think it's stretching credibility to attribute a lot of the points conceded to Carr. Every QB fumbles and throws interceptions and if Carr was throwing 20 or 30 picks like Winston then you would have a fair point, but you just come across as unreasonable to me when you keep trying to blame one of our best players.

If he was a below average QB then you might have a point that the D has to make up for him but to suggest that with the way our D has been is just laughable. He's far, far from perfect but it's just not logical to keep hammering the guy IMO when there's so many other absolutely obvious and glaring faults with the team.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think it's stretching credibility to attribute a lot of the points conceded to Carr. Every QB fumbles and throws interceptions and if Carr was throwing 20 or 30 picks like Winston then you would have a fair point, but you just come across as unreasonable to me when you keep trying to blame one of our best players.

If he was a below average QB then you might have a point that the D has to make up for him but to suggest that with the way our D has been is just laughable. He's far, far from perfect but it's just not logical to keep hammering the guy IMO when there's so many other absolutely obvious and glaring faults with the team.

There are so many faults with this team on offense I can't even count. If Carr had Ruggs Waller and was sucking, I'd understand. But it's not like that at all.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There are so many faults with this team on offense I can't even count. If Carr had Ruggs Waller and was sucking, I'd understand. But it's not like that at all.

I was catching up and watching the Buccaneers v Saints game yesterday and I was thinking to myself........so this is how Brady would look in the Silver and Black 😁😁

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I was catching up and watching the Buccaneers v Saints game yesterday and I was thinking to myself........so this is how Brady would look in the Silver and Black 😁😁

Anyone will look worse without their top weapons/against a good defense. Even Brady. If we weren't such a mess, it would be way easier to evaluate players. Hence the new coaching staff better do their due diligence.

• Like 2

5 pages deep but want to say mine before reading others.

Positives:

Gruden and his contract are gone and we can move forward.

We know a good D cord is needed and a system that fits well. Been broke for toooooo long.

Carr spreads the ball around really good. 

Negs: 

Ruggs....

Might not keep our D cord....

Looks like had we fired Gruden asap we might have played better without the distraction. So we fall apart last season again. 

17 minutes ago, G said:

5 pages deep but want to say mine before reading others.

Positives:

Gruden and his contract are gone and we can move forward.

We know a good D cord is needed and a system that fits well. Been broke for toooooo long.

Carr spreads the ball around really good. 

Negs: 

Ruggs....

Might not keep our D cord....

Looks like had we fired Gruden asap we might have played better without the distraction. So we fall apart last season again. 

Isn't a huge con. Bradley is okay, but he doesn't adjust well and blitz enough. Plus we suck in the RZ. Better off changing it up IMO.

• Like 1