Top 3 frustrations & top 3 positives on the season so far

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think it's stretching credibility to attribute a lot of the points conceded to Carr. Every QB fumbles and throws interceptions and if Carr was throwing 20 or 30 picks like Winston then you would have a fair point, but you just come across as unreasonable to me when you keep trying to blame one of our best players.

If he was a below average QB then you might have a point that the D has to make up for him but to suggest that with the way our D has been is just laughable. He's far, far from perfect but it's just not logical to keep hammering the guy IMO when there's so many other absolutely obvious and glaring faults with the team.

I just call it how I see it. just facts and stats not emotion. I presented 3 recent games that supported my claim. I’m not just making stuff up

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think it's stretching credibility to attribute a lot of the points conceded to Carr. Every QB fumbles and throws interceptions and if Carr was throwing 20 or 30 picks like Winston then you would have a fair point, but you just come across as unreasonable to me when you keep trying to blame one of our best players.

If he was a below average QB then you might have a point that the D has to make up for him but to suggest that with the way our D has been is just laughable. He's far, far from perfect but it's just not logical to keep hammering the guy IMO when there's so many other absolutely obvious and glaring faults with the team.

Also loves to blame the D having a short field on Carr, but then says who cares that he leads in yards 🤣

On 12/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, Darbsk said:

I was catching up and watching the Buccaneers v Saints game yesterday and I was thinking to myself........so this is how Brady would look in the Silver and Black 😁😁

The difference here however is Brady will bounce back. He will elevate others and push them to be better. Godwin is out, Brady will find another target, Tyler Johnson maybe and have him making plays for him. It's what winners do. Brady has done more with less his entire career. 

Losers sit around and cry about not having weapons. 

Also, the Saints have the Bucs number and great defense. Not like they were shut down by a bad defense. Cam Jordan had a top 5 career game in that one too.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The difference here however is Brady will bounce back. He will elevate others and push them to be better. Godwin is out, Brady will find another target, Tyler Johnson maybe and have him making plays for him. It's what winners do. Brady has done more with less his entire career. 

Losers sit around and cry about not having weapons. 

Also, the Saints have the Bucs number and great defense. Not like they were shut down by a bad defense. Cam Jordan had a top 5 career game in that one too.

If you look at Tom Brady's numbers during his final two seasons in New England they're pretty similar to Carr's recent production. 

On 12/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Isn't a huge con. Bradley is okay, but he doesn't adjust well and blitz enough. Plus we suck in the RZ. Better off changing it up IMO.

Yes but for the first time in over a decade maybe two I don't get nervous when our guys go in for a tackle. Yeah we still miss them from time to time but I remember way too many times thinking....'oh no he'll miss, not wrap up, whatever and that's what happened. I've come to expect bad things to happen. Like we are cursed or something but noi....Bad coaching especially of the basics. Like as a pro they forget all the years of college and high school ball. lol

On 12/24/2021 at 8:42 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Isn't a huge con. Bradley is okay, but he doesn't adjust well and blitz enough. Plus we suck in the RZ. Better off changing it up IMO.

Bradley's near total refusal to blitz really hurts us down the stretch. 

Yes, we get a lot of pressures, but our pressures:sacks ratio is pretty brutal. Pressures are fine if they lead to errant throws, picks, sacks, etc. Practically all they amount to in this scheme is "missed sacks" and serve to tire out Crosby and Yannick by the midway point of the 3rd Q. 

Those two are our best weapons in the front 7, and they look utterly exhausted by the 4th after trying to make something wonderful happen. Bradley's scheme worked with an All-star secondary, which we do not remotely have (certainly nothing close to the LOB).

Crosby and Yannick wind up fighting double teams (and uncalled holds) way too often because Bradley's resistance to blitzing is practically a meme these days. 

• Like 1

yeah, Bradley has done his job. He turned the defense into average/respectable defense. The scheme is so passive, and a beatable zone... We can thrive when the others team Qbs suck, but the good QBs will break the defense down. I don't see the ceiling to ever be elite with Bradley. He has made alot of good personnel moves, the talent was bare in the past. 

On 12/24/2021 at 4:38 PM, Darbsk said:

It happened again today 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It happened again today 

we won today. 
wins are a qb stat, Carr was 1-0 today.
therefor e had a good game 😉😆😆

obviously we won today becaue of our D, but the people who rip on carr for his W/L  record and say its a qb stat, have to be happy with him today right?

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

we won today. 

obviously we won today becaue of our D, but the people who rip on carr for his W/L  record and say its a qb stat, have to be happy with him today right?

One Stat alone can never be enough to make a statement which qb is better or whatever one would like to prove. 

In fact stats are as powerful as they're meaningless, because of differences in sample sizes and variety of things you can count. 

Therefore I hold it like Churchill :

The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself. 

(and the funny thing is that he never said that lol) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

we won today. 

I look at it like this:

We have as bad, if not worse talent than Seattle. 

People pounded the table for Russell Wilson to replace Carr. 

"Elite QBs make teams win and that's that" according to that crowd.

Seattle is 5-10, and yet they probably still list Russell Wilson as a top 5 QB. 

Thus, we wouldn't look much better, if at all, with a "top 5 QB", because we just don't have a real team. But they'll keep saying Carr is the problem. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It happened again today 

Do you think Carr was a problem yesterday or one of the main reasons we won? He gave up a pick six and a fumble that is fair but you also can't be naïve enough to think he was one of the problems surely. In fact I know you're not naïve, and I respect your opinion but I thought Carr played well and was a net positive today. The int was a great play by the D but also a poor error and the fumble should have been avoided. Maybe it's just me but QBs throughout the league seem to be throwing a lot of interceptions this year.........

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

we won today. 

Carr is 2-0 riding a 2 game win streak an ugly 2 game win streak but ugly wins count too. He’s pressing his luck tho. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Do you think Carr was a problem yesterday or one of the main reasons we won? He gave up a pick six and a fumble that is fair but you also can't be naïve enough to think he was one of the problems surely. In fact I know you're not naïve, and I respect your opinion but I thought Carr played well and was a net positive today. The int was a great play by the D but also a poor error and the fumble should have been avoided. Maybe it's just me but QBs throughout the league seem to be throwing a lot of interceptions this year.........

I hope I can get some of my precious credibility back Lolol. The td to hunter was a beauty but gotta keep the foot on the gas. Carr’s gotta protect the ball better that almost pick 6 almost cost us the game. Like I said defense has to beat the broncos and the overcome carrs mistakes short comings etc. As a defensive coach carr is so easy to defend against. If I’m a linebacker I’m very alert about rbs coming out the backfield and teams are starting to jump those routes. Definitely not surprised about the carr int. You say great play by the defender I say carr was pressing his luck all game with those passes. Teams are catching on and even yesterday he had to loft a lot of those rb flat routes.