Week 14: Jets v Saints

xrade

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sadly history is on your side. I’d be shocked if ZW even developed into a middle of the road QB at this point 

Was outplayed by Gardner Minshew and a WR playing QB in back to back weeks. Both of which with injuries to their weapons group. Joe Douglas 100% needs to bring in a FA QB whose been backing up recently I.e. Mariota etc. If Zach looks considerably worse you sit him and he get his chance of one presents itself. You have to show the ability to make plays in this league regardless of where you were drafted. Zach really has not. He needs to work his tail of this offseason and come in expecting to compete for his job. If not. We simply didn’t draft a player we should want on this team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Was outplayed by Gardner Minshew and a WR playing QB in back to back weeks. Both of which with injuries to their weapons group. Joe Douglas 100% needs to bring in a FA QB whose been backing up recently I.e. Mariota etc. If Zach looks considerably worse you sit him and he get his chance of one presents itself. You have to show the ability to make plays in this league regardless of where you were drafted. Zach really has not. He needs to work his tail of this offseason and come in expecting to compete for his job. If not. We simply didn’t draft a player we should want on this team. 

This is the guy I would bring in if possible 

15 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is the guy I would bring in if possible 

I don’t think we need to do that.

Wilson started a freshan and played good. Played as a sophomore and struggled a bit and got injured.

Was told he had to earn that starting job his junior year. And won it.

Best thing this franchise can do in the off-season to get the best Wilson it would appear is to say it’s an open QB competition with him and White.

9 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is what you get when you draft a guy that is no where near ready for the NFL. He is around 50% completion rate and will for sure always have way more ints to TD's. These numbers add up to guy that will hang around for a few years and by year 5 or 6 he will be out of the league just like I said several months ago. The fast we move on from him the better. 
I would not mind using a 3rd round pick on a QB this year and let that person sit all next year and see if he can compete in 2023 season. This would show Zach you better get your but in gear because we just drafted a guy that will be a threat to take your job. All the QB's from T Law down have had good games or showed what they can do except Wilson. The fast the Jets move on from Wilson the faster this team will grow. It is a joke that the players and coaches keep saying how good he does this or that. He has done nothing good. The only good thing he has done is not get busted by the police so his off the field activity outside of football is going well. 

The locker room knows this too. Queue every time Mike White walks in they chant his name. The players aren't stupid. Wilson is in way over his head.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wilson started a freshan and played good. Played as a sophomore and struggled a bit and got injured.

Best thing this franchise can do in the off-season to get the best Wilson it would appear is to say it’s an open QB competition with him and White.

White definitely got exposed too.

Minshew is a far better player than both even if the ceiling isn't quite as high. And is capable of running an offense at a high level. I'd rather see Fitz Jr. light it up. Even if he's not the QBOTF it would be good to see if this coaching staff has what it takes and if the skill players are as good as we think they are. To some extent, Wilson is holding back the ten other guys on offense. 

Edited by Colt45fool

Why has Joe Burrow, Murry. & Herbert, look so good in their first year and Wilson struggled?

It was the competition they played in their last year in college. Look at the list of Jr, colleges Wilson played in his last year.

Navy   a win 55-3

Troy Trojans  a win48-7

Louisiana Teck a w in45-14

Texas State    a win 52-14

WKU HillToppers  a win 41-10

UTSA ROAD RUNNERS A WIN 27-20

San Diego St    a win 28-14

North Alabama   a win 64-14

Boise St a  win 51-17

Army   game cancel

Coastal Carolina    a loss 17-22

THIS SCHEDULE WAS A TOTAL JOKE

IS THIS THE REASON WE DRAFTED Wilson, because he beat a bunch of Jr colleges & some community colleges

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

White isn’t legitimate competition 

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

White isn’t legitimate competition 

And is still legitimately better than Zach Wilson. Minshew better than both lol.

Like some of you guys are in denial. I wanted Zach, I was wrong. Yeah he sucked his first year at BYU. BY effing U. That is a joke. This is the NFL. He’s not making a jump like he did at “we don’t play anybody university”. Zach can’t complete basic pass patterns. This dude is just bad and we had people calling the eagles game progress lol. Talk about setting the bar a hair above the pavement. Bring in real competition, Zach hasn’t earned the keys for a definite starter role in year two. He needs to compete for it. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If those are the only two guys competing for our QB spot next year, that is absolute malpractice by the GM and I guarantee he won’t see another year. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

If those are the only two guys competing for our QB spot next year, that is absolute malpractice by the GM and I guarantee he won’t see another year. 

They want Wilson to start... so they wont bring in anyone to actually compete with him. Hence why with Wilson's awful play, he was just given the starting job back and has looked atrocious is 2/3 of the games since he returned. And even the game we wasn't awful in... it wasn't like he was "good" in that game either. If you go based on "play" Flacco should be starting for us if we're more interested in grooming the whole offense rather than just Wilson. He put the team in the best position when he played. But I don't think any of us want to start him at QB.

I think most of us (at least I know I am) are cheering for Wilson. But the lack of progression is making it hard to like him. If his floor wasn't so low before his injury... we could argue he's getting worse. Which is worrisome. That a game that each snap should be slowing down for him. Is actually getting more difficult. Listened to his PC after the game and he's just lost. Pretty much making the excuse for wide open screens (saying he didn't do it in collage). Saying he's overthinking things. Saying he just needs to sling the ball around bc he's a natural passer. When your stat line average is 56%/gm 211yds/gm and 6tds to 11ints... you're not a natural passer. Your a natural turnover, who doesn't score.

11 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

White definitely got exposed too.

Minshew is a far better player than both even if the ceiling isn't quite as high. And is capable of running an offense at a high level. I'd rather see Fitz Jr. light it up. Even if he's not the QBOTF it would be good to see if this coaching staff has what it takes and if the skill players are as good as we think they are. To some extent, Wilson is holding back the ten other guys on offense. 

But what would we gain? A bridge year? At least if Zach Wilson plays and sucks next year we know and will be in a better draft position to scoop the next QBotF - otherwise we are just wasting another year for mediocrity.

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

And is still legitimately better than Zach Wilson. Minshew better than both lol.

Like some of you guys are in denial. I wanted Zach, I was wrong. Yeah he sucked his first year at BYU. BY effing U. That is a joke. This is the NFL. He’s not making a jump like he did at “we don’t play anybody university”. Zach can’t complete basic pass patterns. This dude is just bad and we had people calling the eagles game progress lol. Talk about setting the bar a hair above the pavement. Bring in real competition, Zach hasn’t earned the keys for a definite starter role in year two. He needs to compete for it. 

I mean in the eyes of the coaching staff

I wanted absolutely no part in drafting Zach Wilson. But I was told the Jets just HAD to do it

Edited by GangGreen420

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think most of us (at least I know I am) are cheering for Wilson. But the lack of progression is making it hard to like him. If his floor wasn't so low before his injury... we could argue he's getting worse. Which is worrisome.

This right here.  I was / am a ZW fan, but it gets harder each game to defend his play.  Against the Saints, he was atrocious to the point that I did manual labor in my house with the game on in the background, volume turned down low.  His inaccuracy is inexplicable since he did not have that issue at BYU.  I am hoping that he clears his head in the off season and works 7 days a week with Beck to get his **** together.  Come next season, he better not look like this starting in game 1.  I am getting really pissed that the Jets are making me not like watching football or have to watch other teams just to see competent play.  The exception is the Pats, I won't watch that team.

The bigger concern for me is what happens if zw does crap the bed in game 1 next year?  JD will not draft a QB before round 3 or 4, there are none worth it anyway.  MFW may not even be on the team, not that he is a good answer.  Any vet signing would be just a stop gap until when?  2023 and another rookie QB?

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I mean in the eyes of the coaching staff

I wanted absolutely no part in drafting Zach Wilson. But I was told the Jets just HAD to do it

Yeah, I was ripped repeatedly by a ton of people on here for saying we should not have picked him.  I was really hoping I was wrong but it really doesn't seem likely at this point. Really, we are basically hoping he has a Josh Allen type growth(sucked and showed little accuracy in year one but then developed). To do that though, we need to get a true number one wr that can consistently get open and win contested throws much like the bills did when they got Diggs. The problem there is who is available that is Diggs caliber? We overpaid Davis to be that guy and to this point he has shown that his hands are not reliable at all.

Cooper is a fa at years end and is a top end guy, but has consistency issues and will command a huge sum of money.

8 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Cooper is a fa at years end and is a top end guy, but has consistency issues and will command a huge sum of money.

I though he was signed until 2025?  The list of FA WR is either older high $, or younger less established.  Then you have to take into account what LaFleur is looking for.  I think the only way we get a top guy in his prime is to trade for one.  I would not be surprised to see a draft pick like Dotson with our first SRP.