Week 14: Jets v Saints

xrade

15 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jets fans are delusional with their little boy QBs. Darnold sucked and Zach has been MUCH worse with more to work with. 

People on this board would have said don't draft Kyler Murray and keep Josh Rosen.

Some QBs don't deserve more time. More time is how you trade a 2nd round pick for Sam Darnold. Or start Daniel Jones in year 3. 

I know it is early. I know there were expected to be growing pains. However, Zach Wilson is easily the worst QB I've seen start for the Jets. I can't remember ever having a QB with the accuracy issues he has. It looks as if every pass is a challenge. Maybe he gets his timing down. But I really can't see him taking a large enough improvement to become a good starting QB. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I missed the game but reading the reviews.  I'm not  mad at Wilson anymore. Wilson isn't ready and we have 3 other options who could have given us a better chance.  Wilson isn't forcing himself out there. It's all on the coaches. They don't care about winning,  they're just forcing young guys out there hoping to get better. 

With the injuries,  I'd be surprised if the game is close next week. In order for Saleh to not be on the hot seat in 2023, he would have to be a wildcard contender.  That's probably not going to happen unless JD saves us with a perfect off-season.  That would be one of the greatest turnarounds in history.  

There isn't really anything that can happen in these final 4 games unless we win out that could change my mind on anyone. I'm just hoping JD hits with another draft class and finds us a star player other teams have to take seriously. 

Couldn't bring myself to watch this one. Looked up the score and highlights when I woke up.

It's sad that it went exactly as I expected: no offensive touchdowns, Kamara runs all over us, Hill, not a QB at all, looks fine against us, Berrios leads us in receiving, and we lose by 3 touchdowns.

Some weird things, from a stat perspective:

• First zero turnover game from Zach. Yay.
  • Only 1 target and 0 receptions for Mims, who also racked up two penalties. He gone.
  • 3/3 on FGs! So maybe we've solved that probelm for a while
  • Zach led us in rushing with 33 yards. I know we're without Carter and Coleman, but yikes.
  • 3 Drops for Ty Johnson, apparently
  • Somehow despite the total lack of offense, we were in the game until the fourth quarter
Edited by TheChad

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

:

• First zero turnover game from Zach. Yay.He did throw one ball that was nearly picked, but most of his issues were some truly poor accuracy.
  • Only 1 target and 0 receptions for Mims, who also racked up two penalties. He gone. One of the two penalties called on him was a BS call where the DB mugged him. He had another play where he was coming over the middle and was held to the point of getting spun and still didn't get the call. Guy is not getting any calls his way which really hurts his ability to look remotely productive. That said, after the second penalty the Jets coaches banished him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut, though injuries at the position may keep him rostered for a few weeks.
  • 3/3 on FGs! So maybe we've solved that probelm for a while. Hopefully he can provide some level of consistency. We would have some more wins if our kicking game was even league average.
  • Zach led us in rushing with 33 yards. I know we're without Carter and Coleman, but yikes.Walter was out too,and he was supposed to get the start. We were rarely in position to catch them off guard in the running game because our passing game was so incredibly inefficient.
  • 3 Drops for Ty Johnson, apparently. to make it worse, all three drops were in the first quarter and we're easy catches. Completely killed our chances of establishing a rhythm early on and put our defense in a very tough spot time of possession wise.
  • Somehow despite the total lack of offense, we were in the game until the fourth quarter. the defense played fairly well until they were gassed and we didn't turn the ball over. Had we been able to get any offense going and actually got a ball into the endzone we could have been in the game and maybe even won it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What’s baffling is hearing staff and players praise Wilson when he’s garbage on sundays.

That sure is the truth, we went thru the same thing with Darnold. I said a month ago I am at the point I don't believe anything I hear coming out of training camp or our weekly practice. Your point is correct, we can only believe what we see on Sunday.

This is what you get when you draft a guy that is no where near ready for the NFL. He is around 50% completion rate and will for sure always have way more ints to TD's. These numbers add up to guy that will hang around for a few years and by year 5 or 6 he will be out of the league just like I said several months ago. The fast we move on from him the better. 
I would not mind using a 3rd round pick on a QB this year and let that person sit all next year and see if he can compete in 2023 season. This would show Zach you better get your but in gear because we just drafted a guy that will be a threat to take your job. All the QB's from T Law down have had good games or showed what they can do except Wilson. The fast the Jets move on from Wilson the faster this team will grow. It is a joke that the players and coaches keep saying how good he does this or that. He has done nothing good. The only good thing he has done is not get busted by the police so his off the field activity outside of football is going well. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is what you get when you draft a guy that is no where near ready for the NFL. He is around 50% completion rate and will for sure always have way more ints to TD's. These numbers add up to guy that will hang around for a few years and by year 5 or 6 he will be out of the league just like I said several months ago. The fast we move on from him the better. 
I would not mind using a 3rd round pick on a QB this year and let that person sit all next year and see if he can compete in 2023 season. This would show Zach you better get your but in gear because we just drafted a guy that will be a threat to take your job. All the QB's from T Law down have had good games or showed what they can do except Wilson. The fast the Jets move on from Wilson the faster this team will grow. It is a joke that the players and coaches keep saying how good he does this or that. He has done nothing good. The only good thing he has done is not get busted by the police so his off the field activity outside of football is going well. 

Sadly history is on your side. I’d be shocked if ZW even developed into a middle of the road QB at this point