⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't disagree, but none of what was happening early in the season was sustainable. The Oline would have had to make major strides and they would have needed a running game to eventually show up.

Definitely. But running is easier with an explosive pass game. And we were shredding teams down the field.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 5:14 AM, big_palooka said:

Not what I was asking. Those were impacts for the RAMS. A team with a Super Bowl caliber roster. Those players would have done nothing for the RAIDERS playoff chances.

Texans were not parting with Cooks, said it publicly, so that wasn't realistic. I'm not dealing in hypotheticals here.... 

I think Brandin Cooks or a starting caliber OL/DT would've definitely improved our playoff chances. But I also do agree that we were more or less doomed from the start as soon as we gutted the offensive line.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:00 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Definitely. But running is easier with an explosive pass game. And we were shredding teams down the field.

They were in unison, it's easy to run when you have dynamic WR's because teams play more two high looks which means lighter boxes. And if you're having success running the ball it usually leads to stacked boxes which leaves your WR's in favorable spots.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Of course he'll be back, he had a rocky beginning but he's been improving year after year.

He has been improving year after year? Our last 3 first round picks were Leatherwood, Ruggs, and Arnette. And his best/most productive draft class was the 2019 class, the first one he drafted, lol.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has been improving year after year? Our last 3 first round picks were Leatherwood, Ruggs, and Arnette. And his best/most productive draft class was the 2019 class, the first one he drafted, lol.

I wish someone could tell us which picks were majority grudens call. I think pederson is much more likely with mayock at GM. Pederson would prefer to work with him over baalke, especially because they apparently have a good relationship.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wish someone could tell us which picks were majority grudens call. I think pederson is much more likely with mayock at GM. Pederson would prefer to work with him over baalke, especially because they apparently have a good relationship.

I just hate this line of thinking where Gruden takes the fall for every bad pick but Mayock is praised for our good picks.

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imagine that lol gruden thought may would end up being the fall guy if all went bad

I think you either have to accept that either Gruden had the final say in all decisions or they worked as a duo to make the picks, you can't say some were Gruden's picks with no input from Mayock while others were Mayock's picks with no input from Gruden. People on here act like Gruden just didn't give an f after the first round and left the facility.

But in either situation I'm not sure how you can feel that excited about Mayock. Because if Gruden had the final say then he's really just been there for show and didn't have enough cajones to stand up to Gruden on the reaches/bad picks. And if they were working as a duo, then he is terrible at his job.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think you either have to accept that either Gruden had the final say in all decisions or they worked as a duo to make the picks, you can't say some were Gruden's picks with no input from Mayock while others were Mayock's picks with no input from Gruden. People on here act like Gruden just didn't give an f after the first round and left the facility.

But in either situation I'm not sure how you can feel that excited about Mayock. Because if Gruden had the final say then he's really just been there for show and didn't have enough cajones to stand up to Gruden on the reaches/bad picks. And if they were working as a duo, then he is terrible at his job.

I put the draft on them both equally so they both failed imo despite a few lucky hits. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He probably drafted 2 future all pro players last year with Hobbs and Moehrig. 

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Definitely. Some of it has been bad luck for sure though. I thought tyrell williams would be great, then he was suddenly made of glass.

Carl Nassib, Corey Littleton, Lamarcus Joyner, Nick Kwiatokski, and Trent Brown were all massive overpays.