⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I agree. We're a team with holes. This is a far cry from what some are saying is a team in need of a gut job. 

I will admit I was ready to tear it down a few weeks ago.  This team has responded well so I am backing off.  What I really want to see is Carr build off this.  Hehas games or streaks where he makes me think he has turned the corner and then he sh!ts the bed.  Hope he makes me a believer like 2016 again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

The Good injury can not be blamed on Cable but the Incognito can.  I kept saying it all off season that relying on:

a 38 year old LG coming off of an Achilles injury,

a rookie RT that has never played RT,

and a letting Hudson go while starting an unknown 

was taking to much of a chance and that we would be an injury away from having a horrible o-line.  I also said I believe James would be good eventually but having Hudson in the beginning of the year would be the smart move since they would cost the same.  I said Leatherwood was going to struggle and have to move inside with Good taking over at RT.  Unfortunately Good was the unknown injury and we got stuck with Parker back at RT where he should never have played but Cable's stubbornness keeps him there.  I am not a good judge of talent on the o-line but this is the scenario that I said was obvious in the off-season and this is what Cable wanted because he thinks he is able to do anything.  He is a good coach but should not have this much control over personnel which is why I have said he is a net negative to this team.  I can go back to 2018 and go over why I have called out where the o-line is going to have problems that Cable and Gruden have ignored.  It is not difficult because the issues are glaring.  Cable believes that if the player has the required measurements and athleticism he can teach them.  The intangible he is missing is the mind muscle connection to be able to mirror movements and change sides.  That is why his first non draft decision was to take a 12 year vet LT that had just made the pro bowl in 2016 and 2017 and move him to RT where he had never played.

Yeah because james is not better than Hudson this year? Do you not realize the O- line just won the last 2 game for the Raiders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

First, I have no idea what you're referring to. Second, I'll take the player's word over a coach when it comes to injuries. 

I've seen two games. He looked good. And what's the significance of him playing left vs right tackle. He'd be a better right right tackle than Leatherwood, too.

What makes you think he could play 17 games ever ??

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Serious question:

What is so different in playing RT than playing LT?

Is it the playbook or hand technique or something else? Can someone explain it to me, the noob 🙈

Different footwork and you have to be more of a run blocker

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yeah because james is not better than Hudson this year? Do you not realize the O- line just won the last 2 game for the Raiders.

Not saying who is better now but I do know who was better at the beginning of the year.  My overall point was we where taking to many chances at the same time at to many positions.  At the beginning of the season we where taking a chance at LG, C, and RT.  These where not for sure problems but likely problems to go along with possible unforeseen injuries.  Incognito could not get healthy, James struggled, and Leatherwood was not good at RT.  Unfortunately Good also went down so we had to move our 1st round pick to RG and have Parker at RT.  The line has improved but I would not say they won the game.  They did not lose the game.  Regardless we have 2 known failures and 1 unforeseen.  Relying on Incognito and Leatherwood at RT are mistakes.  Those are on Cable.

12 hours ago, NickButera said:

I agree. We're a team with holes. This is a far cry from what some are saying is a team in need of a gut job. 

A retool, not a rebuild. Improve the OL, get a legit #1 WR, and add some depth defensively and we can be really good.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NickButera said:

No doubt we have holes but mainly on the offensive side of the ball. Would Carr want to start again with another HC and OC? 

Bradley has done a great job on the defense and especially with the young players, Moehrig, Deablo, Hobbs and Koonce have all contributed with Jefferson, Ngakoue, Perryman, Hayward and Facyson all producing as FAs. I really hope we don’t blow it all up on defense that would be a massive backward step imo. Bradley has specific players for his scheme and to me he needs a UT to top off his D. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If we make the playoffs, do people see Bisaccia returning as HC? Not a question of what YOU want, but do you see Davis retaining him + Mayock for one more year? 

Probably Rich or Bradley, with Rich returning as ST coach.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If we make the playoffs, do people see Bisaccia returning as HC? Not a question of what YOU want, but do you see Davis retaining him + Mayock for one more year? 

I think it largely depends on who is available. If there is a big name Davis falls in love with, look for him to make a splash. If that big name doesn't exist, then I can see him taking the easy path. 

There are not a lot of names out there to be excited about in coaching circles. 

You're either hiring a retread or an unknown. And the unknown route has been a little suspect in recent years.

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're either hiring a retread or an unknown. And the unknown route has been a little suspect in recent years.

11/14 of the teams projected to make the playoffs have head coaches that had 0 previous head coaching experience before they were hired. The only exceptions are Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, and Mike McCarthy, all of whom went to a Super Bowl and McCarthy had won one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

LOL.

This really doesn't change anything for me.  I still think we need to set up for the future.  I love Rich for getting us there, and maybe he gets a coding opportunity going forward.  But this isn't his team.  This is 2016.  A one off.  We aren't built to sustain this. 

If Mark thinks Rich is his guy, so be it.  But I have a feeling it's the emotion.  And a new HC is what is best for us going forward.  The only way that changes for me is if we have a deep run.  AFCCG or better.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

Just now, Totty said:

Todd really doesn't change anything for me.  I still think we need to set up for the future.  I love Rich for getting us there, and maybe he gets a coding opportunity going forward.  But this isn't his team.  This is 2016.  A one off.  We aren't built to sustain this. 

If Mark thinks Rich is his guy, so be it.  But I have a feeling it's the emotion.  And a new HC is what is best for us going forward.  The only way that changes for me is if we have a deep run.  AFCG or better.  

I agree with you. If It was a gm decision he would be stuck cause if you hire another coach and team gets worse than your job on the line. But since it's a owner decision he can still hire a new gm and coach and don't have to worry about that.  It's not logical logical to keep this staff. Trust and believe it's rich and same coordinators to. Not rich with a whole new staff.