⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

All-Pros? We haven't seen enough yet. He also drafted Alex Leatherwood, Henry Ruggs, and Damon Arnette in the 1st.

Eveyone can see that they have real talent. Ruggs was going in the right direction. Alex is still only 22. Arnette just was a big miss.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Eveyone can see that they have real talent. Ruggs was going in the right direction. Alex is still only 22. Arnette just was a big miss.

Ruggs is going to prison, Arnette got cut, Leatherwood was a massive reach and isn't very good. We've missed on more early picks then any team in the NFL under Mayock.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ruggs is going to prison, Arnette got cut, Leatherwood was a massive reach and isn't very good. We've missed on more early picks then any team in the NFL under Mayock.

It sucks, but how is this Mayocks fault? He was very clean off the field going into the draft.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

You could arguably put josh on that list too

Josh had over 1,300 APY his first two seasons and is 4 yards away from another 1,000 yard season. He's currently at 680 rushing yards so he could finish with around 900 this season despite our horrific run blocking.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Ferrell, Arnette, Abram, Leatherwood, Muse, Bowden, etc. weren't bad luck they were reaches on players that weren't that good.

I think you have to take into account input from the coaches. The Raiders under Gruden drafted guys to do very specific things in their schemes. It explains a lot of the reaches. They drafted Ruggs because he could stretch the field. They drafted Jacobs because of his versatility. I imagine they did the same with the rest because Gunther had specific roles in mind for those guys. If you look at the players Bradley wanted for his defense we see that they’ve been mostly homeruns both in FA and the draft. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think you have to take into account input from the coaches. The Raiders under Gruden drafted guys to do very specific things in their schemes. It explains a lot of the reaches. They drafted Ruggs because he could stretch the field. They drafted Jacobs because of his versatility. I imagine they did the same with the rest because Gunther had specific roles in mind for those guys. If you look at the players Bradley wanted for his defense we see that they’ve been mostly homeruns both in FA and the draft. 

That's fine but what has Mayock shown that gives you confidence that he's the guy to lead the organization going forward, especially in an off-season that will define our team for at least the next few seasons.

I would like to see mayock return for another year but definitely with a different coaching staff. I wouldn’t mind Doug i think he could actually do well. I think mayock without the overpowering gruden can get interesting. I truly believe sometimes you have to learn on the job so mistakes will be made nobody is perfect however i would like to see mayock just pick his own guys without the coaches input (cable)  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

I would like to see mayock return for another year but definitely with a different coaching staff. I wouldn’t mind Doug i think he could actually do well. I think mayock without the overpowering gruden can get interesting. I truly believe sometimes you have to learn on the job so mistakes will be made nobody is perfect however i would like to see mayock just pick his own guys without the coaches input (cable)  

The mistakes he has made have been critical though. Wasted a ton of draft capital and cap space in free agency and gutted the OL. My biggest concern with Mayock in a 1 year prove it type of situation is that we will have to extend Carr/Waller this offseason and hire a new coaching staff. So what happens if he blows it again this offseason? It will be crippling for the next GM who may not like the coaching staff or think Carr is the answer at QB.

1 hour ago, Edz209 said:

welcome