Browns have "significant" COVID outbreak; Place 8 players in protocol

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

An entire practice squad of wide receivers and offensive linemen starting this weekend. What can possibly go wrong?

Well it's either that or the new rule where a Team outbreak, "might" result in a Forfiet. Choose your poison?

No chance

Or

Very little?

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The game is being played. Book it.

This week, we're going to see a NO-DEN 2020 situation play out, but it's going to play out.  I also think it's more likely the NFL changes the policy in coming weeks, given the mild severity of illness and vaxxed status from most players.    Either way, what we learned from last year - the show will go on, no matter what.    It's why we're already hearing about changes in approach being discussed right now - I'd expect we'll see daily testing, team bubbling, and yes, even changes in restricted periods - but the games will get played.  

As for this game - given every player on the Covid list is actually positive for Cleveland, waiting 1-2 more days isn't going to make an appreciable difference.   If there was a wager, I'd be playing on the "Sat game" option for sure.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well it's either that or the new rule where a Team outbreak, "might" result in a Forfiet. Choose your poison?

No chance

Or

Very little?

The NFL: Vaccinate your team so that you'll be able to play

Also the NFL: When your entire team tests positive despite vaccination, a forfeit is still on the table and all games will go on as scheduled

That's kind of my point and frustration as to why I said that they should have had a contingency plan for this exact situation/situations like these months ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

5xvirk.jpg

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

After what happened to the Browns last year (multiple times), the Ravens, and the Broncos without a quarterback, this is a surprise to no one.

The fact that nobody had a backup plan to "what do we do when a bunch of teams with players who have already been vaccinated and have abided by all protocols test positive" contingency plan is nothing short of classic NFL.

@Nabbs4u this was my point

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

After what happened to the Browns last year (multiple times), the Ravens, and the Broncos without a quarterback, this is a surprise to no one.

The fact that nobody had a backup plan to "what do we do when a bunch of teams with players who have already been vaccinated and have abided by all protocols test positive" contingency plan is nothing short of classic NFL.