GDT: Titans at Steelers

titans0021

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Cruikshank just can’t stay healthy man. Also no Long or Jenkins is very discouraging. What’s this going on 5 weeks without practicing/playing for Long? What did he tear his hamstring or something? My lord. Yet was never put on IR

I don’t get anything about the David Long situation at all

I swore he was holding his ankle in LA when he got injured 

Was seen walking around the field after the game shaking hands 

Has been on the injury report every week for a hamstring injury

Really don’t get why he was never placed on IR since he is about to miss his 5th game 

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Take care of business this game and we either clinch a playoff spot or retake the #1 spot in the AFC. 

I’m torn what I actually want with this game 

I know I really don’t want the Colts to make the playoffs 

But I’m not sure how many more times the Pats will lose

If the Pats lose the next 2 games and we win the next 2 then the Titans are in a win and clinch the bye scenario against Miami

I went into this week saying root for the Pats to beat Indy then lose to Buffalo 

But I’m so annoyed by the Pats i really wouldn’t hate Indy knocking them off as long as Indy loses to Arizona on Xmas

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean they did lose 1 of the the 4 when the nickname stuff started so…. Dupree clearly showed he’s a huge piece.

Oh I'm not talking about Dupree's importance. lol

Just no nickname. I think we've shown we aren't a dominate enough defense as is get a nickname. 
That would be like giving the Chiefs a nickname for their defensive run right now. 

47 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

https://theathletic.com/3012413/2021/12/16/lining-up-receivers-in-the-backfield-is-no-longer-a-gimmick-play-in-the-nfl/

Insert AJ Brown. What a way to confuse defenses on the run and get AJ the ball.

He needs to be healthy before we start plotting ways for him to take even more hits. But yeah, he’d thrive in a Deebo style role, he’s just so good in space with the ball in his hands. But that’s probably asking for more than Downing is capable of.

I will say, this is part of the problem. The entire offense is designed for 3rd and 2 or 3. And obviously we’re not even getting that recently, but even if we are, it still means you’re playing for a 100% success rate on five plays in order to have a successful drive.

I can’t blame Downing for everything. We simply don’t have explosive personnel without Derrick and a healthy AJ, but as much as the offense is built to hammer opponents on long, time-consuming drives, it was the chunk plays that really made the offense work. And when you’re consistently finding yourself in 3rd and 6 with NWI, Chester Rogers, Firkser and Swaim on the field, there’s just no chance for a big gain.

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I will say, this is part of the problem. The entire offense is designed for 3rd and 2 or 3. And obviously we’re not even getting that recently, but even if we are, it still means you’re playing for a 100% success rate on five plays in order to have a successful drive.

I can’t blame Downing for everything. We simply don’t have explosive personnel without Derrick and a healthy AJ, but as much as the offense is built to hammer opponents on long, time-consuming drives, it was the chunk plays that really made the offense work. And when you’re consistently finding yourself in 3rd and 6 with NWI, Chester Rogers, Firkser and Swaim on the field, there’s just no chance for a big gain.

Yeah I can't blame Downing.  Sometimes the plays are there but people fail to execute.  Like that Hillard screen last week would have been a TD if he caught it or if the line didn't get whipped from the snap. 

And sometimes the passing design is pretty good and schemes people open but Tanny has no time to throw. 
or
Maybe Tanny just misses. 
or
The RB misses a lane. 

We are playing role players starter snaps and see the mistakes. 

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I can't blame Downing.  Sometimes the plays are there but people fail to execute.  Like that Hillard screen last week would have been a TD if he caught it or if the line didn't get whipped from the snap. 

And sometimes the passing design is pretty good and schemes people open but Tanny has no time to throw. 
or
Maybe Tanny just misses. 
or
The RB misses a lane. 

We are playing role players starter snaps and see the mistakes. 

I don’t want to say “coaches are just holding plays back and saving them for later use” 

Fans say that about a lot of things 

We just havnt been healthy 

But I will say we have yet to use Julio the way we used CD last season

Because of how poor the health of the team has been all year I do think in the playoffs there is a chance to open some things up that we just havnt seen yet this season 

But obviously we need Julio Brown and Henry to be healthy to have a shot to open things up more 

The David Long injury situation is starting to remind me of Adoree last year. I don't understand it. There's been no update and as far as I know the media doesn't even care to ask the question.  Why wasn't he put on IR? Was the injury originaly expected to be less than 3 games and then there was setbacks? Does it if something to do with the situation at that position now and he's just become the odd man out for some strange reason? Its confusing.