2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

24 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I see something like this and (if true) start having serious doubts about my free agent activity prediction of one major landing, and I'm not even considering Sherman as the major landing due to him being a released player on a very favorable contract. News like this makes me think players might land here on team-friendly discounts. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

I see something like this and (if true) start having serious doubts about my free agent activity prediction of one major landing, and I'm not even considering Sherman as the major landing due to him being a released player on a very favorable contract. News like this makes me think players might land here on team-friendly discounts. 

I just love the idea of players targetting us instead of us having to target players. Our job now is basically to say yes or no, and let Paraag deal with the numbers. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like dolphins are going to cut pouncey he can play guard. Also back up insurance for Kilgore.

Meh. I'd rather just draft a guy if we are looking for someone to back up Kilgore. Not keen on Pouncey as a starting guard. 

With the Texans signing Fulton, that should take them out of consideration for Pugh / Norwell. You can probably remove the Bengals from potential suitors given Brown's history in FA. Good sign for us to nab one of them. The Giants obviously have been the favorites for Norwell forever, and I've heard mentions Pugh tied to Jacksonville. 

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

We can realistically get Norwell and ARob along with depth signings.  Then focus on the defense during the draft. 

I'd like to get another piece for the defense in free agency, just because I'm not a huge fan of relying on so much youth on defense, but honestly, I have no idea who I would be checking in on in the free agent market on defense. I've been beating the drum for Ross Cockrell given his strength in zone coverages. Don't love the defensive line options for the most part, but there are some interesting linebackers available. 

Archived