Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As much as I would be here for Fangio as the DC, this has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve heard if the blurb on hiring a HC based on who fits best with him are true.

Baalke knows Fangio from SF. My guess this is another Baalke move. I get the feeling we are going to end up going into next season with:

GM Baalke

HC Pederson

DC Fangio

OC One of of Pederson’s guys (Naggy, Press Taylor, Josh McCown, Mike Groh, or Mike Kafka).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Baalke knows Fangio from SF. My guess this is another Baalke move. I get the feeling we are going to end up going into next season with:

GM Baalke

HC Pederson

DC Fangio

OC One of of Pederson’s guys (Naggy, Press Taylor, Josh McCown, Mike Groh, or Mike Kafka).

My guess as well. Good looks on the Baalke relationship.

If we hire Doug or Caldwell though I think they’d likely have the experience/clout to be heavily involved in personnel. I also think if the same thing that just happened as far as leaks began they would know what it was caused by and force Khans hand.

If Baalke sticks, the only way I’d have any hope are if one of them or Bowles were hired. A green coach with no idea how to build a program w/ Baalke in the building sounds like a disaster.

20 hours ago, pwny said:

“Regardless of head coach”

Yeah that seems exceptionally dumb

If we bring in an offensive HC I’ve got no problem with this. When a new CEO is brought in to lead a company they don’t just get 100% say in who the CFO or CTO should be. They may not know a whole lot about technology or how the accounting of the business works.

Now if we bring in a defensive minded guy I’d see the issues.

for what it’s worth I’d almost like to see most of the defensive staff retained.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:02 PM, Chops013 said:

GM Baalke

HC Pederson

DC Fangio

I can definitely see something like this playing out.

HC Doug Pederson

OC Matt Naggy

QB Coach Press Taylor

DC Vic Fangio

Even though I don't like Baalke as GM, from the coaching side that's a legit staff and I would be excited about it tbh. So much better than the clown show Meyer had running here. I also like that on offense they would all be Andy Reid guys so there will be symmetry and chemistry among the staff and philosophy rather than a hodge podge like we probably had here with Meyer. Should also a lot more simplicity and consistency for Trevor.

• Like 1

No coach besides Pederson has interviewed because of Baalke being up in the air…lol.

Super awesome that our owner is just now deciding to do his homework and ask around the league about Baalke. Fantastic that we’re wasting this two week window.

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

No coach besides Pederson has interviewed because of Baalke being up in the air…lol.

Super awesome that our owner is just now deciding to do his homework and ask around the league about Baalke. Fantastic that we’re wasting this two week window.

This forum would do a better job of advising Khan than whoever is currently advising him.  

And that's not hyperbole.