Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ***Spoiler FREE Thread***

Acgott

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Looked reeeaaal weird and I love it

Report today said that the reshoots are wrapping soon and apparently some of them were to have more fun with the multiverse. (Cameos and introductions)

Yeah, I saw THR’s report. It’s going to be crazy. Cannot wait 

This is the movie I'm most excited for. I've watched that trailer a few times now thanks to YouTube. At first I thought that menacing Dr. Strange was Supreme Strange from episode 4 of the What If show. The early part of the trailer also shows what looks like a live-action recap of that episode with Stephen witnessing his universe turning to goo. So maybe Supreme Strange does show up? But that would seem odd since by the end of that series he had essentially redeemed his character to a degree. If he returned and got sinister again that would essentially wipe all of that character arc out. It's probably just another Dr. Strange from another universe that went down another dark path. Also, I'll say Wanda is the big bad, and the spotlight on Dr. Strange asking her for help won't work out as intended. Mordo being back is awesome, but don't see him as the big bad. Again I think it's Wanda. America Chavez makes her debut and that jacket looks dynamite. Hopefully the star portals look cool. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Mordo is such an enigma in the MCU. He was never even remotely a good guy in the comics, so it's hard to predict where they might go with him. 

I think the shift of Mordo from just a general black hat in the comics into more of a personal nemesis for Strange/all Sorcerers was a good move.  He has very specific motivations other than just being evil like a Captain Planet villain who just loves to pollute for the hell of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think the shift of Mordo from just a general black hat in the comics into more of a personal nemesis for Strange/all Sorcerers was a good move.  He has very specific motivations other than just being evil like a Captain Planet villain who just loves to pollute for the hell of it.

Oh yea I agree, I think they change works extremely well. It just makes my insight moot and I don't like it lol

On 12/20/2021 at 7:45 AM, THE DUKE said:

It’s a good opposite for Strange.

Enjoy the grey. A lot of these villains could be seen as heroes with the conviction to stick to an idea or code no matter the cost. Often the actual heroes that fight for nuance and trying to do it all.

• 1 month later...