12/19/21 GDT - Week 15 vs Packers

Ray Reed

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yes Huntley missed Hollywood, no one else was back there, easy lob, he even raised his hand up after Huntley missed the read, but great effort by the kid and great fight by the team.

Yup nothing else to it. No one to blame with the hand we were dealt. Onto Cincinnati. 

What is up with the team freezing out Bateman and force feeding Hollywood all game long? 

Hollywood gets 14 targets, 10 catches for 43 yards.

Bateman gets 2 targets, 1 catch for 5 yards. 

I would have thought after last week we would feature Bateman more. Hollywood is simply not good at these short receptions because he goes down if anyone breathes on him. Bateman can make guys miss and run through tackles. It makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

What is up with the team freezing out Bateman and force feeding Hollywood all game long? 

I would have thought after last week we would feature Bateman more. Hollywood is simply not good at these short receptions because he goes down if anyone breathes on him. Bateman can make guys miss and run through tackles. It makes no sense to me. 

I could not agree more with this. I started Bateman this week instead of Hollywood for the exact reason that last week Bateman looked like a stud, especially after the catch. Hollywood cannot make people miss at all.

I'm very proud of the boys. I had this marked as a loss before the season started, but it hurts to watch the game slip from the fingers. Sometimes, I wish Harbaugh would stop playing Madden and read the room. With that said, I do understand why he does the things he do because when it works, it works. But when it doesn't... *Sigh*

We still control our own destiny even though we're down to Walmart associates on the team. It starts with Cincy next Sunday.

Glass half full, and I preface what I'm about to say with Huntley was confident and decisive with his throws tonight, which greatly aided the offensive line. And in all honesty, if it was Lamar out there, he likely would of held the ball far too long and taken an additional 3-4 sacks on the night.

With that said, Sharpe and Cleveland looked REALLY good out there tonight. And obviously having Boyle back there to block was also a boost. I really hope we get to continue to see this combination of lineman down the stretch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I could not agree more with this. I started Bateman this week instead of Hollywood for the exact reason that last week Bateman looked like a stud, especially after the catch. Hollywood cannot make people miss at all.

I started Andrews and Hollywood (PPR), so Huntley was working for my fantasy team. I don't even have a good team, my studs are injured, but somehow with this Tom Brady performance, I'm almost certainly making the finals.

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yes Huntley missed Hollywood, no one else was back there, easy lob, he even raised his hand up after Huntley missed the read, but great effort by the kid and great fight by the team.

This. 

Lamar has regressed this season, and fallen into some bad habits- but that's a play he typically makes. Obvious, but there's a big difference between he and Huntley. Love the juice Huntley can provide though and he's certainly looked beyond his years at the position. Happy to have uncovered him and hopefully he has a long career as QB2 in Baltimore. 

When things are this bad, all you can ask for against talented teams is a fight and that's what we got. Fine with going for two as well. Standing issues from the rest of the year remain, but it was nice to see them make a game of it. 

15 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's because those short throws are there for Hollywood much more than Bateman. DBs are playing 6-8 yards off the LOS against Hollywood because of his speed. The 5 yard checkdown is always going to be there for him. Because of his strengths/weaknesses, DBs are pressing Bateman at the line much more and not giving him near the amount of cushion.

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

It's because those short throws are there for Hollywood much more than Bateman. DBs are playing 6-8 yards off the LOS against Hollywood because of his speed. The 5 yard checkdown is always going to be there for him. Because of his strengths/weaknesses, DBs are pressing Bateman at the line much more and not giving him near the amount of cushion.

That's an interesting explanation. It's almost as if the defense is baiting the QB to throw it short to Hollywood, then. 43 yards in 14 targets = 3 yards per attempt, that's just bad. I'll check the tape.  

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

That's an interesting explanation. It's almost as if the defense is baiting the QB to throw it short to Hollywood, then. 43 yards in 14 targets = 3 yards per attempt, that's just bad. I'll check the tape.  

Yep and unless he starts getting some actual YAC teams will keep playing him that way - why wouldn’t you? Pretty frustrating but at the same time with what we have at OL this year you almost have to take an easy 3-4 whenever you can.