Week 16: Browns @ Packers on Christmas Day - POSTGAME: Packers WIN 24-22! Improve to 12-3!

FAH1223

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

In theory MVS, if vaccinated could still play. He needs two negative tests 24 hours apart. Saturday game make it less likely but he could play. I would hope we get Clark back though. 

Not anymore.  He just needs to be asymptomatic and have one negative test by the morning of the game.

The NFL changed this rule this week.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think Jaire is another given to be back as well. I'm starting to get concerned about Bak, unless he does practice the two practices, we have this week. Then I see him back against MN. Myers, no idea. 

If Bak doesn’t practice this week, they should just place him on IR.  The knee clearly isn’t responding well.  I just hope this doesn’t result in another ACL reconstruction surgery.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I think you can put a fork in Z.  Back surgery is no joke.  He hasn't played this year, what could you expect out of him??  Maybe a play or two here and there for depth.  It would be great, but I doubt you'd get much out of him.

At best I was only expecting him to return at some point in the playoffs as a situational rusher or something

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

At best I was only expecting him to return at some point in the playoffs as a situational rusher or something

At best, I’ve been waiting for Packers brass to just come out and say what we all know.  But I’m guessing they’re just as hopeful as we all are that there’s an outside chance - albeit slim - that both Bak and Z somehow miraculously return to the active lineup this season.  Not holding my breath, nor am I reading too much into their “hopeful” reports.  It is what it is and we’re going deep into the playoffs with who we have, barring any more gol’dang injuries.

41 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

If Bak doesn’t practice this week, they should just place him on IR.  The knee clearly isn’t responding well.  I just hope this doesn’t result in another ACL reconstruction surgery.

There is really nothing to make us think he's not practicing this week. The report was conjecture for today since we did not practice. He practiced last week. 

3 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV, but its just my opinion.  Dont know the details but if he's been out this long with a back injury, I'm not encouraged.

Edited by NFLGURU

Patience... 

There is plenty of reason to feel optimism about both Bakhtiari and Alexander's return. Both are practicing,  and both are coming back from serious injuries.. There's absolutely no reason to rush eithers return. For every Packers fan, player and coach it is disappointing not to have these elite All-pros available now, but the team's prudence is wise IMO. Having them ready to go for the playoffs has always been the likely target.

As others have said Smith's return has been an incredible long shot every since he and the Packers rushed his return in the season opener - resulting in the need for back surgery. On the other hand, he is in Green Bay working out with trainers and medical staff. This would not be happening if he and the team didn't believe there was at least some real possibility of getting this 3rd All-pro back for the playoffs, even if only as a situational disruptor.

Like the team, I hold out some hope for Meyer's return, but with him being a rookie that hope shrinks a little with each tick of the clock where he is not practicing with the team. Bonus if we get him back, but it would likely only be as depth given his lack of experience.