Week 16: Browns @ Packers on Christmas Day - POSTGAME: Packers WIN 24-22! Improve to 12-3!

FAH1223

14 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

If Bak doesn’t practice this week, they should just place him on IR.  The knee clearly isn’t responding well.  I just hope this doesn’t result in another ACL reconstruction surgery.

This whole recovery seems murky for some reason.  He had to have a cleanup, and overall things just don't seem to going all that smoothly.  Maybe yesterday was a scheduled rest day and that's why he was listed as DNP?  I would have thought he'd be good to go, which would have given him the Full or Limited tag.  If he can't get back on the field this year, well that's not good.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

It's officially Groundhog Day. But in this version, we wake up every morning, crossing our fingers that another Packers player doesn't land on the COVID list. 

What zip code is this that you live in where the sky is always falling?

Welp....looking like Bak had another setback in his attempt to return. 2nd time now he's tried practicing just to have to take a step back. At this point I'm no longer expecting him back at all this season. Jaire looking like the other guy tracking to return come playoff time at this rate

13 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Welp....looking like Bak had another setback in his attempt to return. 2nd time now he's tried practicing just to have to take a step back. At this point I'm no longer expecting him back at all this season. Jaire looking like the other guy tracking to return come playoff time at this rate

Yea, the hell with Bak. If he can't play, just put him on IR and be done with it. Tired of reading about a "setback" with him every other day at this point. Packers may need to add a veteran OT for the playoff push. Have to think Turner will be back reasonably soon since Packers didn't put him on IR for 3 games, but they may need to call up Wagner or a guy like Mitchell Schwartz as a depth add. 

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This whole recovery seems murky for some reason.  He had to have a cleanup, and overall things just don't seem to going all that smoothly.  Maybe yesterday was a scheduled rest day and that's why he was listed as DNP?  I would have thought he'd be good to go, which would have given him the Full or Limited tag.  If he can't get back on the field this year, well that's not good.

I'm no physician, so what do I know.  But I'm not sure I'm seeing the situation being so gloomy? 

• He had a major knee surgery. 
  • It had a setback, and needed another procedure to rectify what had gone wrong. 
  • That was barely a month ago.  So, not sure that having an extra cleanup procedure, then being back running and doing a little practicing last week after only 3 weeks, is that slow? 
  • They've obviously had no plans to play him without him testing it in some practice.  Last week involved teensy practice tests, and this week with short week they'll hardly practice at all.  So he wasn't going to have opportunity to stack practices this week anyway.  
  • Next week is a new week, and a longer week. Hopefully he'll step up his involvement then.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, craig said:

I'm no physician, so what do I know.  But I'm not sure I'm seeing the situation being so gloomy? 

• He had a major knee surgery. 
  • It had a setback, and needed another procedure to rectify what had gone wrong. 
  • That was barely a month ago.  So, not sure that having an extra cleanup procedure, then being back running and doing a little practicing last week after only 3 weeks, is that slow? 
  • They've obviously had no plans to play him without him testing it in some practice.  Last week involved teensy practice tests, and this week with short week they'll hardly practice at all.  So he wasn't going to have opportunity to stack practices this week anyway.  
  • Next week is a new week, and a longer week. Hopefully he'll step up his involvement then.

Having him practice three days last week and then shutting him down this week is a massive red flag.  They don’t want to call it a setback for whatever reason but that is 100% what it is.

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's not normal operating procedure .. something is up there.

You think? In my experience it is exactly the normal operating procedure of the training, medical and coaching staff of the GBP"s

1 minute ago, BAM said:

You think? In my experience it is exactly the normal operating procedure of the training, medical and coaching staff of the GBP"s

Being conservative bringing guys back yes- starting down the path of ramping up activities and then pulling back is not normal.

Recovery from major knee reconstruction like Bakh's defies "normal" or one size fits all time tables.  Clearly there have been setbacks and disappointments, he as wanted to roll for months. However, the Packers job is to look long game. I think they have managed very well. Hope for the best and prepare of the worst - seems to be the mantra that Matt has been operating with all season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BAM said:

Recovery from major knee reconstruction like Bakh's defies "normal" or one size fits all time tables.  Clearly there have been setbacks and disappointments, he as wanted to roll for months. However, the Packers job is to look long game. I think they have managed very well. Hope for the best and prepare of the worst - seems to be the mantra that Matt has been operating with all season.

You could be right.  But there very clearly have been set backs that put any hope of his return this season in jeopardy.  And in an “all in” season where our #2 and #3 tackles also suffered knee injuries and are missing time, it’s extremely worrisome.  Especially since the playoffs like likely involve at least one of Tampa/Dallas pass rushes coming thru Lambeau.

And I should mention- if I sound annoyed by this or frustrated, it’s because of the way LaFleur dodges questions about injuries.  I didn’t think we could get worse than MM but MM was a godsend in terms of injury honesty compared to LaFleur.

Edited by Cpdaly23