Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Spielman isnt taking a job to work under Baalke…

We can only hope that Khan has had some moment of clarity and now understands just how poorly prepared the Jags were for this process....now heeding some advice to bring in a respected football guy to at a minimum steer the team through this process. 

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Logic problem.

You can have your own opinion on anything.

You seem to think you can then apply that to others.

NFL Owners and GMs don't think like you. They don't view Doug Pederson as part of a pile of AR unemployed coaching tree rejects. They want to win a Super Bowl. They know he won a Super Bowl.

I get that you have useless personal feelings to the contrary.

I'm not stating an opinion. I'm stating a fact. Doug Pederson is unemployed. He didn't land a HC job after the Eagles fired him last year. But since you have such keen insights on how NFL owners and GMs think, why aren't teams beating Doug's door down to offer him jobs? Dan Quinn seemingly had more buzz.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not stating an opinion. I'm stating a fact. Doug Pederson is unemployed. He didn't land a HC job after the Eagles fired him last year. But since you have such keen insights on how NFL owners and GMs think, why aren't teams beating Doug's door down to offer him jobs? Dan Quinn seemingly had more buzz.

Tbf, reportedly Doug wants roster control wherever he goes after the Howie debacle. I know he said he was against the structure we had here in his first interview.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Tbf, reportedly Doug wants roster control wherever he goes after the Howie debacle. I know he said he was against the structure we had here in his first interview.

He's a brilliant Super Bowl winning HC who only got fired because Carson Wentz decided to sabotage him. What team wouldn't give him that? 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's a brilliant Super Bowl winning HC who only got fired because Carson Wentz decided to sabotage him. What team wouldn't give him that? 😂

Yeah, pretty wild ask. Just saying I think that’s playing a (deserved) hand in his lack of interest/2nd interviews.

Starting to think he ok’d Spielman in JAX and that may be a pairing (or at least have Spielman overseeing it all).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, pretty wild ask. Just saying I think that’s playing a (deserved) hand in his lack of interest/2nd interviews.

Starting to think he ok’d Spielman in JAX and that may be a pairing (or at least have Spielman overseeing it all).

I wouldn't hate it for Jax. Despite Skippy's freakout, I wasn't implying that Pederson is a bad HC. Although, I think he does need to make sure to surround himself with some talented guys on offense. They didn't seem to be the same after Reich left. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Jags need to borrow Easterby for a minute. This stuff is hilarious 

Now, I'm imagining Baalke running out there for practice with pads and a helmet on bragging about how he was all conference at Bemidji State University.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Now, I'm imagining Baalke running out there for practice with pads and a helmet on bragging about how he was all conference at Bemidji State University.

When Jimmie Ward was a rookie, Baalke tried to correct his technique during a game against the Giants lol 

• Like 1

Garafolo on radio in JAX - 

Spielman and JAX been talking for weeks. For him to interview means he thinks this is a viable option.

Leftwich deal likely dead

Bisaccia may have been interviewed for ST coordinator on staff.

Pederson looks like the leader in the clubhouse now.

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

I mean is it that hard to get Tyreek Hill in space?

Every single year we have coaches that fail to maximize their players' strengths. Hell, actually a great example of this is Greg Roman with how he utilizes Marquise Brown. Brown is basically Walmart Tyreek Hill but I don't see the Ravens using any motion jet sweeps or plays to get him in space, I see Brown running basic routes like a traditional WR.

Here's route charts for Tyreek Hill:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/tyreek-hill/HIL628694/2021

and route charts for Marquise Brown

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/marquise-brown/BRO413218/2021

Tyreek Hill is everywhere, whereas Brown is mostly outside of the hashes only. And look at the green on Hill's charts compared to the green on Brown's (YAC). It's insane. 

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Garafolo on radio in JAX - 

Spielman and JAX been talking for weeks. For him to interview means he thinks this is a viable option.

Leftwich deal likely dead

Bisaccia may have been interviewed for ST coordinator on staff.

Pederson looks like the leader in the clubhouse now.

I feel like ultimately if you come out of this with Pederson (who is fine) and Spielman, you're not nearly as bad off as you maybe should be given how this all went down. Pederson may get you a pretty solid staff all around as well. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

A head coaches job isn’t to call plays. The Jets hired Saleh not for his play calling ability but his plan for leading the team, building a culture, etc…

You are hiring a head coach not a head coordinator. The jobs require different things. With that being said maybe he doesn’t have the qualities ownership may be looking for, who really knows at this point. 

It's less about actually calling the plays and more about demonstrating a willingness to not just sit back and say, "Well, I'm good enough, you should be hiring me."  I may feel I'm deserving of a particular promotion, but if I get passed over for someone else for it, I'm going to take stock of what that person brought to the table that I didn't and look to strengthen my own game in that department to further my case for myself.  Otherwise, when promotion time comes again, prospective managers/owners would have every reason to question why I was happy to be complacent.  It reeks of entitlement.

• Like 1