Bears Pro Bowl--Roquan snubbed again

JAF-N72EX

34 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Getting an invitation to participate in the Pro Bowl as an alternative doesn't count as being a Pro-Bowler.  See Trubisky. 

I know. He'll end up *going* though is all I'm saying. The Pro Bowl, as you said, is a joke. I hope the Bears don't use the lack of PB's as a negative in negotiations

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I know. He'll end up *going* though is all I'm saying. The Pro Bowl, as you said, is a joke. I hope the Bears don't use the lack of PB's as a negative in negotiations

The only way to save the Pro Bowl at this point is to make it almost like the Heisman…get 150 ex-players and ask them to vote for who should go to the Pro Bowl every year.

On 12/20/2021 at 6:15 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

Disgusting.

I watched Seattle game yesterday.  From that game Wagner isn't even best on his team.   A lot times pro bowl is name recognition.

Not sure what other guys are doing.   I have seen Parsons.  He has been unblockable as a pass rusher.  Having an amazing season.

----

Also on side note - I have been watching Aaron Donald.   He is the best interior DL in history of game at this point.   What is really incredible is he is doing it at like 6-1 and 270.

That is really small by today's standards.   Some of these guys are like 6-8, 330, athletic and fast.

This was before I was on this forum, but I pounded table hard for him in a coaches forum that year.   Proud of that.   Not many were talking about him that draft.   Shows a lot of talking draft heads are know nothing sheep repeating someone else's opinion.

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I watched Seattle game yesterday.  From that game Wagner isn't even best on his team.   A lot times pro bowl is name recognition.

Not sure what other guys are doing.   I have seen Parsons.  He has been unblockable as a pass rusher.  Having an amazing season.

----

Also on side note - I have been watching Aaron Donald.   He is the best interior DL in history of game at this point.   What is really incredible is he is doing it at like 6-1 and 270.

That is really small by today's standards.   Some of these guys are like 6-8, 330, athletic and fast.

This was before I was on this forum, but I pounded table hard for him in a coaches forum that year.   Proud of that.   Not many were talking about him that draft.   Shows a lot of talking draft heads are know nothing sheep repeating someone else's opinion.

In hindsight the Rams could've had Donald and Mack in that draft

• Like 1

My only issue with the snub is that Parsons went in as an ILB when his true impact and what’s made him special has been his work as an edge rusher. It would have made more sense IMO for him to go as an edge instead of Barrett, with Roquan the other ILB. It’s not like the guys who are going are unworthy.

With that said, if we don’t extend Roquan this offseason I’m pretty sure his 5th year option will be lower because he hasn’t been selected to the pro bowl due to the rules change last (I think) offseason, so while it’s BS for him it actually benefits the team that he was snubbed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

My only issue with the snub is that Parsons went in as an ILB when his true impact and what’s made him special has been his work as an edge rusher. It would have made more sense IMO for him to go as an edge instead of Barrett, with Roquan the other ILB. It’s not like the guys who are going are unworthy.

I think Devin White would have been 1st up to replace Parsons. As good as Roquan is, there are just a bunch of good ILBs who are also deserving.

3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I think Devin White would have been 1st up to replace Parsons. As good as Roquan is, there are just a bunch of good ILBs who are also deserving.

Maybe. Agreed there are a bunch of good ones. Like I said it’s not like those other guys are undeserving of the accolades - Roquan is just equally deserving. He’s hurt this year by the Bears not being good IMO. 

• Like 1