2021 Week #16 GDT Steelers visit The Chiefs

Steeler Hitman

This team works so much better in hurry up for a variety of reasons — most of which involve the simplicity that defenses go into. 

But it’s hard to ask a struggling defense who just came off long, time consuming drives to go rriiiiiiight back out there. Hence the reason we don’t do it more. 

So Tomlin needs to pick his spots. Less than a minute before a quarter end where you get a manufactured break? That woulda been a good one…

Just now, Dcash4 said:

This team works so much better in hurry up for a variety of reasons — most of which involve the simplicity that defenses go into. 

But it’s hard to ask a struggling defense who just came off long, time consuming drives to go rriiiiiiight back out there. Hence the reason we don’t do it more. 

So Tomlin needs to pick his spots. Less than a minute before a quarter end where you get a manufactured break? That woulda been a good one…

99.9% of the time I agree with you, but it’s so key to come out of this drive with points. I wouldn’t want to push and give up the ball again and basically end this game. 

Just now, warfelg said:

99.9% of the time I agree with you, but it’s so key to come out of this drive with points. I wouldn’t want to push and give up the ball again and basically end this game. 

Well, we just ended the drive without points. We are just so awful in our base set up offense. They gotta do something. 

I definitely get where your coming from but I have no faith in Canada to win the chess match or with Ben/offensive line to stay on schedule. Gotta change something. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Well, we just ended the drive without points. We are just so awful in our base set up offense. They gotta do something. 

I definitely get where your coming from but I have no faith in Canada to win the chess match or with Ben/offensive line to stay on schedule. Gotta change something. 

There’s nothing to change at this point. Maybe try that jet sweep but throw in a reverse as a twist. Go back to the pistol formation. Run an actual RB screen (I think we’ve done that single digit times). He’ll pull a Baltimore full house. Watt and Snell sidecars with Harris deep.